Drum Room Decor

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I'm in need of a creative spark to finish off an upper wall area in my live room where I practice and record. The room has the typical array of posters, signs and miscellaneous personalized items. I have a number of ideas of how to finish it out, but if you have any unusual, unique, rare or creative pieces/decorations in your space you would be willing to share a photo of here I would be interested in seeing it. I'm hoping for an aha moment.

To kick things off this is the only item I have that is unusual: a very early sign when Johnny Craviotto was just starting out. I located it at Bentley's Drum Shop in California. A number of Craviotto experts I've spoken with were unaware these signs even existed.

Craviotto.jpg

How 'bout an "Acoustic Art Panel" by GIK Acoustics? They'll take any photo you have (of proper resolution) and print it on a special fabric, which covers one of their acoustic panels.

Pete-Kutheis-1-min-1600x1067.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses! In a strange twist of fate I just discovered a nice Epiphone acoustic guitar that has been stored--unbeknownst to my wife and I--in our guest room closet. My son-law stored it there five years ago when he and my daughter were in the process of moving to the east coast. He had totally forgotten about it and doesn't have room for it in their new place. I offered to take care of it indefinitely. So I ordered a Swing Strings horizontal acoustic guitar wall mount to display the Epiphone on the wall in question.

I got the creative juices flowing again with some great ideas from several episodes of Bar Rescue, Producer Colt Cappurune's YouTube channel and Producer Andrew Masters' YouTube channel. Also Joe Bonamassa's video tour of Nerdville East in Nashville was an amazing source of creativity.

All this to say a number of concepts are coming together.

How 'bout an "Acoustic Art Panel" by GIK Acoustics? They'll take any photo you have (of proper resolution) and print it on a special fabric, which covers one of their acoustic panels.

That's pretty damn cool (and adds a touch of class I desperately need) 😁

For me it's mostly just flags and laminated posters (and yes, some of them home-made or rather work-made) but I thought if you can't find the poster you want, just make one.

20230902_165148.jpg

20230902_165247.jpg

For me it's mostly just flags and laminated posters (and yes, some of them home-made or rather work-made) but I thought if you can't find the poster you want, just make one.

View attachment 138443

View attachment 138444

when I finally get my own drum room at home, all of my old black light metal posters will come out, as well as my tapestries, and the old mirrors with metal band logos on them that you could win at the midway at fairs and amusement parks. I have three draftsman carrying tubes full of all of my old posters from the 80's.

Autographed drum heads will go up. Autographed posters.

I have a clock made out of an old Zildjian cymbal that will go up...

the goal is to make it look like the attic of my house when I was a teen. That room kicked ass

In my last band studio, I had all sorts of cool "guy stuff" on the walls: flags, a WWII rifle, wooden voodoo mask, etc... The ONE thing that everybody liked was a stuffed monkey hanging from the ceiling. It was the source of many off-color jokes. :)

I'm in the middle of building my new band barn and (like you) am still undecided as to what's gonna go up on the walls.

Has to be autographed or what's the point, right? 😄

You can't see from the photos but the "Big 4" poster is actually singed by Lombardo, Ellefson and all of Anthrax (except for Rob) as is the Anthrax flag.

totes jelly!!!!

where did you get it signed?

I know, they even have a serie of funny cover made by Tape Op and they are funny and cheaper, but yes, what CbPhot did is awesome...Which panels are they, the 244 or 246?

In fact, in the room the walls are covered in dampening panels and diffusers (Photos 1 to 7) so, no room for posters...Plus a surfboard...That will be replaced by diffusers on photos 8 and 9.
IMG_4087.JPGIMG_4088.JPGIMG_4089.JPGIMG_4419.JPGIMG_4426.JPGIMG_4435.JPGMelbourne 1.jpgMontana 1.jpg

I know, they even have a serie of funny cover made by Tape Op and they are funny and cheaper, but yes, what CbPhot did is awesome...Which panels are they, the 244 or 246?
That's not my room. My pics wouldn't be so generic.

And, I don't know which panels those are.

The downside of these is that the fabric is a tighter weave, thus reflecting a bit more energy than their corse-weave fabric.

Oh man! Now THAT is a stereo system! Bravo!

I almost got onto you about no Vinnie Paul… and then I spotted it. Well done sir.

Back