Double pedals? Double bass drums?

Dude. Double pedal. Unless you got a roadie and all that, no thanks.

I've played a lot of Double bass pedal stuff growing up, but the older and lazier I get. Id prefer more hi hat aptitude the using a cheat pedal.

Hey man, I just sold my first SVT, which is actually one of the very first ever made in 1969 and used to belong to Doug Ingle, the original keyboardist/singer of Iron Butterfly who wrote In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. I also sold my Heritage SVT rig to Mark Damon of The Pretty Reckless (name dropper). I didn't do all that to transfer that massive schlep from bass to drums!

:D
What are you still doing playing music? 😂😂😂

Just think how far ahead you’d be if you had done something else! 😂😂😂
I think about it every day. Trust me. But I've seen a lot of people in sure-fire careers struggle and end up broke, so to think I pulled it off in something as arbitrary as music for so long is a semi-accomplishment.

How difficult is it to get both bass drums tuned to each other and sounding alike with dampening, etc.?

How difficult is it to get both bass drums tuned to each other and sounding alike with dampening, etc.?
Never had any big issues with it, as long as they are not miles apart (soundwise), a slight bit of difference might only make it a bit more interesting. I tune mine really low, barely above wrinkles (other drummers using my kit usually hates that, if they are using triggers and want that ultra speed feel with barely not touching the skins...). I'm not about that, I pound on those bassdrums... 😄

As long as everything is the same, and you tune them together (same time) it's easy. By together I mean batter/batter, reso/reso. Tuning one drum completely, then trying to match the other to it is much more difficult.

Wow. Each pedal gets a case? I just put them in my trap case’s snare compartment. And all
Those DW pedal bags I’ve gotten over the years get relegated to other things.

Yeah even the double pedal which i bought in 2006 came with a sturdy case. Had to retire it after 10+ years because the closing clips malfunctioned and didn't stay closed (if i'm making any sense at all). The two single pedals came each with a case. If you're gigging a lot this might not be the ideal solution, since they pack a fair amount of weight.

Back