Dante Agostini method teachers?

I'm afraid I can't help you with the request, but having never heard of this before, I've looked it up after reading your thread. Fascinating stuff. Maybe this is a silly question as you're looking for a teacher, but what is his method all about? Are there particular concepts or conerstone techniques unique to his teaching? I must know more!

Hey, guys, I'm looking for a teacher via Skype that knows and uses Agostini's method.

Anyone here?

Never heard of them, but the books can be found for purchase online.

Of all the drum method material out there, why this particular method?

Yes, I know he's not popular in the US. But you just have to check out his books... This is the most comprehensive approach in the world, I suppose :)
But what is more important, the most musical of what I saw. There are so much music and melody in his books. For example, his Solpheggio series is far beyond the popular Syncopation. It's just like a totally different level.
I have about 20 different books and I'd change them all for 5 Agostinis books :) You just need to check them out and you'll understand what I mean.

I just want someone to guide me through them :) I thought someone from Europe could hang out here.

Well , ''one'' of the ..old.. '',Drums Method Book,'' was..: ,,Kenny Clarke and Dante Agostini,, with both the names on the main-front page of the book.,!!*blue colored,. Then for some reasons, all the new coming 'Methods' have only the name of… Dante Agostini ,,-

In case I will made the 'photo' of this .,old,. book, and post it in my-own page of..:'' YouTube '' hopping the 'photo' will help in some ways,.!!,.
Ciao fabio .,Roma ,, [email protected]

-1, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5k8ywNsbyhIXCvIXV71hMQ/videos?disable_polymer=1

- ,, -

I'm from the UK, and have sadly never heard of it/him. What's a good book to highlight the best of what it has to offer?
Well, it's not a book, it's a huge series that guides you from 0 to absolute independence step by step. I like how it's built and how it's focused on melodies and music. That solfeggio series is tremendously improved my musicality and timing/precision in 2-3 months.
If interested, all exiting books are listed here - https://www.danteagostini.com/en/methods.php. The first two volumes of methods, solfeggios, and sight-reading series are available in pdf on the internet. Absolutely worth to look through.

Sounds like I promote this method or affiliated with that school, but I don't. Just, it was like a sunrise in my drum journey when I discovered those books a few months ago (I'm 38 and I learn drums just 2 years).

Do I need to read French or is it all just self explanatory dots?

This is very well known since the 70´s but it is from before that, I remember someone asking about it years ago here and I posted a brief etude PLAYING MYSELF from the Dante Agostini Solfege Rythmique 1, Page 52 Ex: 54 // at 1/4 = 80 bpm

The etude is just 9 bars full of subdivisions of 1/32nds, 1/16 triplets, etc...

Last edited:
Do you know a better place to order from?
I ordered my from woodbrass, but I'd recommend to look at pdfs available on the internet first, so you can get an idea. Just search Dante Agostini pdf.
The main books are Solfeggio Syncopation volumes 1 and 2 and Drum Method volumes 1 and two. That's for starting and medium level. Volumes 3-5 for advanced players.

Oh this is a can of worms. Looking at Volume 5 - are all languages within the same book, or is there a different book for each language? I've found places I can buy it but it states lots of different languages. I'm guessing they're in the same book?
yes, all in the same book. Like this. But there's nothing to read, actually )))
My_Drive_-_Google_Drive.png

OK thanks. So a lot of it looks like playing the rhythmic score as accents. Does it advance from this? Utilising doubles, flams, etc.? Or do the rhythms just become more advance. I'm just trying to gauge where to jump in, as I have a lot of experience in interpreting rhythms and accents through Chaffee and Dawson, but I'm quite fascinated by this.

So what I can gather is the solfeggios are rhythmic studies, and the method books present interpretations on how to play those rhythmic studies, kind of like Alan Dawson's methods with Syncopation? Where should I start?
Well, yes, I think.
I'm using 4 books now, they all are complementary to each other. I bought only two, honestly, and downloaded pdf of others.
Vol 1 of method for general learning, vol 2 is technical study, gammes (like rudiments). Solveggio vol 1 and 2 are rhythmic studies. Vol 1 for snare and vol 2 for the drum set.

Back