Cool huge vintage Tama kit

I'm trying to think of someone where cash is no concern....even then what is it where a buyer says finally..thats the kit. Why though?. Only 3 sets ever produced?..rarest of Tamas finishes?..ANYTHING where the buyer has to have it. Bill Gates son wants it?..even Bill would say son..ill see if he will go lower..wow.

I think it would have to be a Tama super-fan or something.

as a curator DB should be given some errr.. credit As a Museum... he should charge small admission fee.. to enter 'the room (s) where all the Artist, Star and extreme kits reside.
Like $2 entrance. At least the "sets" would bring in some money while they sit there.
seems/ appears DB is part curator/museum within a drum shop.

Last edited:
Anyone needing a 17 pc kit with all the matching original Titan hardware from 1978?

If I hit the $500mil Powerball....I still wouldn't be interested. Not sure how many zillionaire drummers are out there who had a poster of this set on their bedroom wall in 1978 and thought: "SOME day", but I guess it only takes one.

If I hit the $500mil Powerball....I still wouldn't be interested. Not sure how many zillionaire drummers are out there who had a poster of this set on their bedroom wall in 1978 and thought: "SOME day", but I guess it only takes one.
Not many zillionaire drummers that I'm aware of besides Phil Collins and Don Henley. They probably don't need or want such a kit.

EDIT: list of richest drummers https://yen.com.gh/facts-lifehacks/199993-list-10-richest-drummers-world-net-worth-2022/

Last edited:
as a curator DB should be given some errr.. credit As a Museum... he should charge small admission fee.. to enter 'the room (s) where all the Artist, Star and extreme kits reside.
Like $2 entrance. At least the "sets" would bring in some money while they sit there.
seems/ appears DB is part curator/museum within a drum shop.
I support a local music store with a small drum section who's been in business for over 40 years. The owner/manager has said many times to me "we run a store, not a museum' with an obvious meaning.

Econ 101- If it's overpriced it will take longer to sell than a market priced item.

Last edited:
The price aside... would be the perfect kit for a Rush tribute! But imagine al the beer you can buy with 20 grand...

Parks And Recreation Dancing GIF

Econ 101- If it's overpriced it will take longer to sell than a market priced item.
I don't think ( <- debatable always..) these items "make or break" DB. He has a "normal" store too "within the exotic showroom"... doesn't he

The old "I don't really want to sell it, I just want to show it off" price
So the question is: what does that gain the poster?

1. Ire from actual drummers?
  2. Notoriety?
  3. Money? (not unless there's a significant drop in price)
Monte, I'll go with door number 3 for the win. :)

The price aside... would be the perfect kit for a Rush tribute! But imagine al the beer you can buy with 20 grand...

Parks And Recreation Dancing GIF
(y):D

Reactions: iCe
You've got to be joking on that price im in Australia there asking 30704 aussie dollars hahahaha that's what I say no frigging way mate.
It's not my price. It is interesting how the value of an item changes from owner to owner. Perspective, ownership and capital all come into play.

sold. this one. 69,995$

9-OXymAg-1-1024x575.jpeg

what it sold for ? knows (or cares
Look clean as a Pin (lol.

Funny, I was just thinking about such a list today. Bill Berry of R.E.M. put out a video today, the first with his new band, and the first such video he's done in (I think) 26 years. And he seems to be playing the same Pearl kit as he was back in the mid-90s, only without any rack toms. Because that, friends, is one way the truly wealthy get and stay wealthy: they don't spend money. (Online estimates are that Bill Berry has a networth of 40 million dollars, but I would not at all be surprised if it's quite a bit higher.)

Back