CHARLIE WATTS: R. I. P.

Possibly my fav drummer ever.

Best Charlie Watts story excerpted from Rolling Stone mag:
As one famous story from the band’s heyday goes, Jagger once phoned Watts’ hotel room in the midst of an all-night party asking “Where’s my drummer?” Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: “Don’t ever call me your drummer again. You’re my fucking singer!”
Great
Could not stand jagger

Sad news indeed. A great influence to countless drummers. Digital hug for everyone who has the downs now :)

My condolences to his family and friends. A great loss to music, culture, and humanity. He was the classy gentleman amongst the strutting punks of the band.

Not much to add except that I’ll pile on the compliments of not only one of the greatest drummers of the last century, but also equally important for the likes of the rest of the drummers around the globe is the fact that he was a Class Act of the very highest nature.

Charlie Watts was a genuinely good guy by every account I’ve ever heard or read. What a loss to the music world and frankly everyone globally.

Well here's another goodbye to another good friend...

Charlie Watts was proof you can be a bigger than life rockstar, legitimate living legend, and still be gracious, classy and a gentleman through it all. He should be held as an example to any musician or artist that thinks their record sales, instagram followers or spotify downloads is entitlement to be anything but.

Keep swinging Charlie.IMG_3168.jpg

Back