Calling Pearl Masters owners past and present

mikyok

Platinum Member
Hi Folks

A very good deal has come up for the pictures tubs. 22/10/12/13/16 Masters Custom Maple.

Anyone got any experience with these?

It's a good shell pack with a lot of options. Legs would have to go on that 16 straight away!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130-183104.png
    Screenshot_20221130-183104.png
    1 MB · Views: 51
Great build quality. I thought the shells were too thick at 7.5 mil for me. Reliable drums.

They will be snatched up quickly.

With that said, I've sort of reached a point where just because it's a good deal doesn't mean I have to buy it (no matter what it is).

They will be snatched up quickly.

With that said, I've sort of reached a point where just because it's a good deal doesn't mean I have to buy it (no matter what it is).
I'm kinda at that point myself, just putting the feelers out to the fellow drummists!

I'm kinda at that point myself, just putting the feelers out to the fellow drummists!

It's a killer deal though. These square-badge masters are in lots of clubs in Nashville.

Just realised this is in the wrong bit. Sorry admins could you put this in drums........my bad!

Great build quality. I thought the shells were too thick at 7.5 mil for me. Reliable drums.
I'll parrot this. I never got along well with the thicker shells, but I enjoyed the Masters series with the 5mm/rering config.

Construction and hardware on Masters series was great, and are unlikely to be a cause of issue.

I also think the ISS mounts were a big miss for Pearl, and would budget in a swap for OptiMounts.

Had the maple master extra (6 ply 7.5mm), 10/12/14/22. I could never fix the 12, the ISS choked the rim and the interval never lined up no matter the tuning. I did so many head swaps to remedy and ultimately gave up. It made me realize the concept of same ply/bearing edge for all drums it so flawed. 22 sounded good though.

I had a set of the Studio, really nice build and quality. But, like others here, the thick shells didn’t work for me.

As far as this set in question, that finish does not look original.

I had a set of these which were made in the mid-90's.
If they have the square badge and they are called Masters Custom then they are thin shell Maple (4ply/5mm I think) with re-rings.
They are a cracking set of drums and sounded great. I only sold mine because they had the deep power toms, otherwise I would still be playing them.
Hard to be sure about the finish. They were doing them in 'Mist' finishes (mine were 'Black Mist') where you can see the grain through the colour.

Back