What are you eating right now.

I do this as well ! Big fan of wok cooking !
I similarly use the 36” Blackstone griddle from spring through fall for stir fry stuff .
How do you like the Blackstone griddle? I’m considering retiring my Weber grill.

How do you like the Blackstone griddle? I’m considering retiring my Weber grill.

I love it ! I’m on an open patio in yard with no cover or awning or anything an I’m very high in elevation in my neighborhood so protection from wind and the elements can be an issue . For this reason I’m putting it away for the winter until I build an 8x12 foot slant roof awning next to but not attached to the house about a foot away . I got it earlier this year so still getting use to it and what it can do . It’s a bit more involved ( for now because I’m not use to it more than likely) with prep and cleaning it after use but I can see it getting easier over time next season . Sooooo much you can do on it ! I still use my Weber also for quicker less involved things like a quick steak or burger and what not .
Blackstones come in different sizes and I have the larger 36 inch one so don’t always feel like cleaning it and coating it after use if I can just use the Webber for smaller less involved stuff . But I wanted the larger one because I’m usually ( most of the time ) cooking for 4 or more people and parties and bbq’s and stuff .
I wanted to be able to run both at a time for larger crowds and parties . I had already hooked up the Webber to the natural gas from the house so I re plumbed to be able to run both or either or without disconnecting hoses . The griddle cooks steaks great and you get a nice sear, but I do like me some grill marks on my meats .
IMG_0467.jpeg
IMG_0474.jpegIMG_0469.jpegIMG_0473.jpegIMG_0476.jpegIMG_0471.jpegIMG_0475.jpeg

IMG_0470.jpeg

Last edited:
I love it ! I’m on an open patio in yard with no cover or awning or anything an I’m very high in elevation in my neighborhood so protection from wind and the elements can be an issue . For this reason I’m putting it away for the winter until I build an 8x12 foot slant roof awning next to but not attached to the house about a foot away . I got it earlier this year so still getting use to it and what it can do . It’s a bit more involved ( for now because I’m not use to it more than likely) with prep and cleaning it after use but I can see it getting easier over time next season . Sooooo much you can do on it ! I still use my Weber also for quicker less involved things like a quick steak or burger and what not .
Blackstones come in different sizes and I have the larger 36 inch one so don’t always feel like cleaning it and coating it after use if I can just use the Webber for smaller less involved stuff . But I wanted the larger one because I’m usually ( most of the time ) cooking for 4 or more people and parties and bbq’s and stuff .
I wanted to be able to run both at a time for larger crowds and parties . I had already hooked up the Webber to the natural gas from the house so I re plumbed to be able to run both or either or without disconnecting hoses . The griddle cooks steaks great and you get a nice sear, but I do like me some grill marks on my meats .
View attachment 141248
View attachment 141254View attachment 141253View attachment 141250View attachment 141252View attachment 141255View attachment 141251
Grill frikkin King!..looks like Guy Fieties back yard..

Just made this delicious cast iron pizza totally from scratch. Don't mind the messy look of the cheese, it was an early morning impulse bake and I only had sliced cheese around.

View attachment 141234

The crust is a super easy recipe, I'm happy to share if anyone wants it along with my notes on how I tweaked it after a few batches. I can make a 12" deep dish pizza that could easily feed 2-3 people (maybe 4 if you add a side) with all fresh ingredients in about 90 minutes including rise and baking time and the total cost is around $2-$3.

that cheese look a-ok to me!!!

"Fridge dump" describes most of my cooking haha. My wife is constantly amazed at the stuff I'm able to randomly whip up from whatever we have around. As I've gotten older I found that having a basic pantry of baking ingredients, spices, and various canned items makes it very easy to throw together a random stuff meal. Especially as a vegetarian.

my wife is the reason I have to do fridge dumps sometimes...her eyes are way bigger than her stomach sometimes....

and all I need is a pack of shredded cheddar cheese, and any combination can be good

This house we bought had a back porch with fancy gas grill, quartz table with sink, but then another ownerdecided to cover and turn it into screen porch (it's cool though because screens rise and fall with a controller. So the big gas grill produces a lot of heat and will easily melt the vinyl ceiling now. So I bought this portable Coleman gas grill to cook -since now it's just the wife and I. I love this thing-it heats up in a couple minutes and the cast iron grill always makes perfect grill marks and cooks uber fast. It has a water tray and makes little smoke and though a hot fast cooking grill it doesn't make a lot of heat compromising my ceiling in enclosed area. It's frigging awesome-my father-in-law bought one after seeing mine for same reason-screen porch he couldn't grill off of.
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 8.26.58 PM.png

This house we bought had a back porch with fancy gas grill, quartz table with sink, but then another ownerdecided to cover and turn it into screen porch (it's cool though because screens rise and fall with a controller. So the big gas grill produces a lot of heat and will easily melt the vinyl ceiling now. So I bought this portable Coleman gas grill to cook -since now it's just the wife and I. I love this thing-it heats up in a couple minutes and the cast iron grill always makes perfect grill marks and cooks uber fast. It has a water tray and makes little smoke and though a hot fast cooking grill it doesn't make a lot of heat compromising my ceiling in enclosed area. It's frigging awesome-my father-in-law bought one after seeing mine for same reason-screen porch he couldn't grill off of.
View attachment 141259
That's awesome! My cheap Home Depot grill is starting to rust through and is in need of replacing, I may go with something like this. I don't have a permanent area for my grill, I keep it under a small gazebo and move it out when I want to use it. I don't need something huge, it's just my wife and I so typically we grill a small tray of potatoes, a few veggie kabobs, maybe a couple ears of corn, and a few veggie burgers or veggie dogs.

View attachment 141259

yeah...we have a portable Weber that is sort of like that. I love it. Goes with us when we glamp as well

Bagle, yogurt, macchiato.
And maybe Lays Stax sour cream and onion, and some peanut M&Ms in Easter pastel colors.

Whole wheat bagel toasted with plain cream cheese aside a quick cup of nescafe clasico instant coffee (I save the french press for non-work days) with a splash of 2% milk and a spoonful of fiber.

Before I leave for work in a couple hours I'll blendjet a smoothie comprised of plant based chocolate protein powder, vanilla probiotic yogurt, 2% milk, a banana, a spoonful of peanut butter, and a little extra instant coffee powder in the mix. Once that is down I'll slam a whole glass of water to take my one-a-day vitamin.

The above regimen will get me through my whole work day with maybe a small snack after work before a later dinner. I know they say it's unhealthy to eat dinner late... I've done it my whole life. Dinner time in my house is usually 8-8:30pm. I tried the whole "dinner at 5" thing and I'm always hungry again by 10 lol.

so far today, ive had a cup of black coffee and my morning medication, thats it., only been awake an hour or so so my appetite hasnt kicked in yet :)

The best indoor grill I've ever had was the Livart Orange electric grill... which sits right next to my stove. Most indoor electric "grills" are not actually grills... such as the George Foreman. Most of them are actually griddles. An actual grill has a heat source like an electric heat element and a metal grate sitting above it and a drip pan underneath. I use mine regularly especially in winter.

It was hard to resist. 😉

if i had a waffle maker, I don't think I would leave the house...other than to get the ingredients

Back