TrackTalk: Simon Kirke on "All Right Now" and "Can't Get Enough"

John DeChristopher

Drums Ambassador
Last edited:
Can’t wait to play this one later today. Simon once plowed into me at a show opening a door I should have not been standing in front of. But he was very apologetic anyway, and made sure I was ok before leaving.

Is there a way to get your podcast for Android phones? Ideally, to simply download the MP3 podcast files?
Thank you!
I’ll look into it.

26th December 1969 I was in the audience at the Van Dike club Plymouth to see Free. Paul Rogers announced a new song never before played in public: All Right Now.

The rest is history but I bet he said the same at gigs before & after, but it must have been one of the 1st.

John, I'm sorry to tell you this, but the voice track and video images are out of sync.

John, I'm sorry to tell you this, but the voice track and video images are out of sync.
Thanks, Bob. I realize it. When I edited it from the original full episode the file must have gotten corrupted. The good news is: the podcast (audio) looks great! 😊

I listen while driving to run errands so it wasn't noticed here. Thank you.

Our house didn't have a Free album in it while we were growing up so when I joined a band this Spring that was doing Fire and Water it was a learning experience. Never heard the song prior. It took some study to hit the build right and come out correctly. We were slated to record it and my part came out a little stiff as I was still not comfortable with the arrangement.

All Right Now
All Right Now is a lesson in Rock drumming
in 1970 was a similar song by a local area band- and actually Charted higher than Free..

Ever hear it? @ZZ6R

😁

Last edited:

I saw Simon Kirke he double drummed with Ringo Starr's All-Stars. Outdoor show .
Keyboard player was..from Procul Harem name eludes me; that's all I remember 😁

All Right Now

in 1970 was a similar song by a local area band- and actually Charted higher than Free..

Ever hear it? @ZZ6R

😁
You think that song compares to All Right Now? Lol! Jazz guys…

;)

I saw Simon Kirke he double drummed with Ringo Starr's All-Stars. Outdoor show .
Keyboard player was..from Procul Harem name eludes me; that's all I remember 😁
The late Gary Brooker, who also spent some time with Eric Clapton.

Reactions: jda
You think that song compares to All Right Now? Lol! Jazz guys…

;)
both had cowbell 😁
1970, and near same BPM check it Jimmy
The Rapper went to No. 2 All Right now never got higher than 4
😁 lol

Last edited:
Back