Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm on Lagunitas Willetized stout #2 at 12.5%😃. It's gettin real fun in here. If I don't pass out in 20 minutes I'm headin downstairs to do some spangalangin on my 24 2002. Happy New Year guys and gals.
This is a primary reason I drink Founder's "all day IPA". At the end of the evening, I'm still standing (and nibbling).

This is a primary reason I drink Founder's "all day IPA". At the end of the evening, I'm still standing (and nibbling).
Hmm..you must be in it for the long haul 😃..getting older I don't want to drink a swimming pool of 4.5s to get to the top of the roller coaster..not that I chug 12.5s but I get to the point without belly bloat. I drink it slow but the fun arrives 2nd day air..know what I mean?. All day founders IS a nice slow ride though.

just got home from the family festivities. Happy Thanksgiving to all here on the forum. Hope everyone had a moment to stop and reflect on the things that we get to do, and who we love.

We had all of the traditional overcooked Midwestern dishes: turkey; stuffing; mashed potatoes; green bean casserole; yams; cranberry sauce; rolls....

did the traditional morning game of hockey...more like shinny...no pads and goals turned down; pucks not allowed to leave the ice (there were younger kids there)

then watched the Macy's day parade. I had a good friend marching in the Band Directors All Star Band, and gotta see Santa bring in the Holidays

watched the Lions lose to the Pack...then ate dinner. Then the traditional games...and napping.

tomorrow is getting the tree, startign to decorate, and Final Four high school football game at night

What do people eat on Thanksgiving? I personally eat traditional turkey.
Usually, it's turkey and all the regular side dishes. Once in a while we've done steaks on the grill, I vaguely remember doing Italian one year, too.
This year we went to a dear friend's house for dinner. I've been experimenting all week making rolls.... I think I finally nailed it!
1700830075770.png
BTW, I also recognize Thanksgiving is mostly a North American thing - my Canadian relatives celebrate in October.

Looks pretty magnificent, there.

Several years ago I wrote the family a letter telling them that they're great and I love them all, but I'm not coming to anymore holiday events.

No more drama, ahhhhhh. I hang at the inlaw's.

Back