A little bit of Mustang Sally!

Nice work on both the drumming and the vocals!

Contrary to most opinions, I've always enjoyed playing this tune.
Thanks - I think, however, that everybody (including us here), plays the song too fast. Every time I go back to the original, it’s got that real greasy feel, I don’t think anybody really captures it anymore. This is hard to rectify when you’re the sub-drummer in every band you meet.

Very nice indeed! (y) Enjoyed your soulful singing.

We do this song as a straight-ahead rocker, all distorted guitars and raspy vocals. And we play it too fast. 😇

See? Something happened and everybody kicks the song too fast 😉
But if everybody is doing it, doesn't it eventually evolve to be the new normal? 🤔 Just like with language. You wouldn't point to Shakespeare's First Folio and proclaim that we should all talk like that. 😅

Sounding great Bo. I like you put the grease on the singing and drumming-and at the same time (that takes talent). The singing and drumming is something I don't think I could ever do. I joined a choir hoping I might improve my singing (singing in a choir is more difficul than I had imagined) but I suck-still it's fun and I'm improving now after a year. That's funny I was just thinking it's to slow-but you're right it is slower. Like that Bill Withers song everyone plays to fast.

🙌 for the singing drummer-one-handed-microphone-adjustment maneuver. BTW, that kit is the boss!!
Thanks for listening - having a mic on a stand was also a mistake since I normally use a head worn mic - but I thought I was being slick by mounting my iPads to the stand. One is my lyrics book, and the other allows me to access the mixer. The stand wouldn’t tighten enough to keep it from spinning when I’d lean into the mic! Frustrating!

But if everybody is doing it, doesn't it eventually evolve to be the new normal? 🤔 Just like with language. You wouldn't point to Shakespeare's First Folio and proclaim that we should all talk like that. 😅
I suppose. But when I see a band do it right - right down to the correct tempo - it’s magic! The audience even dances different!

Thanks - I think, however, that everybody (including us here), plays the song too fast. Every time I go back to the original, it’s got that real greasy feel, I don’t think anybody really captures it anymore. This is hard to rectify when you’re the sub-drummer in every band you meet.
Yup, original tempo is where it's at.
Mick

Yes It was/is a bit startling hearing it played/ quick like the original..
I know we pull it off where the crowd is half-tanked definitely greasy building up to that " Gonna put your #$%^&*() feet on the ground"!
😁 but I liked hearing it at that tempo Bo Der

Last edited:
excellent job, the bass drum sounds great, what head and internal muffling do you use if any?
The bass batter is an Evans EQ4, and I put an Evans MX1 head on the front (blasphemy I know). I cut a 5” hole in it and there’s a DW hourglass pillow inside barely touching the heads. I mic up with a Shure Beta 52 and pull out the mid-freqs at the console.

Back