Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

Two brand new OEM genuine Toyota , in the box front brake rotors with four matching Bosch Quiet Cast pads .

Yard sale . Forty bucks . Lady sold her car before installing these new brake parts . We checked the model numbers right there inthe driveway and yes, they fit my Rav 4 .

After taxes here in Canada @ $ 400 , dealer price .

Last edited:
After doing some intense searching for an allround western guitar for the studio I eventually decided to get a Cort Gold A6. I recently stumbled over one on Reverb UK for a little over half the price they're asking over here (around €850-900) - brand new! It just has a little dark spot on the top which is why they sold it as B stock.

rexrdj6qr5llhh4tyiyd.jpg

The spot over here ⬆️ is the reason for the awesome price. Since it's a studio guitar and the sound is not affected at all I'm pretty happy about this bargain, although it's already a steal at the original price point. Just have to be patient now...

A couple of basic pet carriers from Amazon. The only thing worse than have to evacuate for a natural disaster would be having a couple of free range cats in the car with me!
View attachment 107409
When I put my 18 lbs cat in the large kennel (it had to be large enough for him to stand without touching anything as required by the airlines) the 5 lbs crate+ the18lbs cat somehow weigh about 45lbs combined!... I don't know how that happens....

In my product research, I *did* consider cable organizers, but I’m just not that anal-retentive. Plus, it was my first time making ethernet cables (bulk wire, RJ45 connectors, etc.) and running wires into attic and basement, and checking continuity. Cable chaos was in my ethos.
I got used to just making the cables as neat as possible since I had to work with racks with boxes that had sometimes 100+ cables connected to them, you had to be neat or you would not be able to connect them all. Plus in a rack airflow matters so the less messy the better airflow and ease of cleaning.

I got this to wash the vehicles (and to reach some tall places which is rare for me): https://www.harborfreight.com/step-stool-working-platform-66911.html?_br_psugg_q=step+ladder

I also got this to work on my motorcycles (years of Navy stairs did a job on my knees): https://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-roller-seat-3338.html

And finally a bunch of Bungie cords and and small ammo case to store them for the wife to strap loads to the bed of her truck, and a set of this: https://www.harborfreight.com/sae-and-metric-t-handle-ball-end-hex-key-set-18-piece-63167.html
It sucks assembling furniture with a regular Allen key. (And I have to do that a lot lately helping the old folks relocate when helping my wife at her company).

images (4).jpeg
Doepfer "Wasp" filter. Splitting my modular synth into two synths so my partner can play one while my hands are holding drumsticks. This one has a sort of gritty organicity I think she will like.

You asked.

I found a vintage Conn Elkhart cornet for $200 from around 1910 on eBay. The seller clearly did not play cornet, he had it listed as “old flugelhorn” It was such a good deal, I bought it despite not even playing brass. Now I can learn I guess.

Well, here is an "it was a bargain so I got it" kind of thing. I had an Alesis V25 and sold it. Then I regretted selling it... Then this came up on FB Marketplace.

Alesis-VX49_01a.png

It has more keys and pads and twiddly knobs.

AVX49_01.jpg

Maybe I'll figure it out sooner rather than later?

AVX49_03.jpg

AVX49_05.jpg

If anyone has an idea as to where is should start with this thing, I am all ears.

As ever, thank you for looking.

new rechargeable hand warmer...

hndwrmr.jpg

used for:
-winter mountain biking
-football playoff games
-winter camping

Got a little cordless electric chainsaw for cleanup around the yard and property. Sometimes the gasoline powered saw is too big and for little jobs it's a hassle - not to mention the noise. With this puppy, slap in a battery and go - no earplugs required!
Saw.JPG

An SM57 mic found in a pawn shop.
And a Suzuki acoustic guitar. Not an older one.

Just found a new Presonus Studiolive Ar12 recording mixer for $479 (normally $599). Gets here next week!
1699125958631.png

If anyone has an idea as to where is should start with this thing, I am all ears.
There is no "audio out" on that keyboard, therefore it functions as a MIDI controller. You will need another device which has MIDI-triggered sounds in order to utilize the keyboard and pads. A DAW such as Garage Band or Studio One has sounds that can be triggered via MIDI, but you might encounter latency problems (e.g., you press a note and a few milliseconds later the sound is heard).

The usual workflow is to have a MIDI sound module which receives MIDI signals from your keyboard and turns them into sound, which is output to a PA system or DAW (if recording).

It's a deep rabbit hole, but can be loads of fun.

The manual for your VX49 is here.

Examples of a MIDI sound module are here.

A black cap with the BTO gear on the back with....with..Robin Bachmans signature on the bill in gold marker. Ebay. 🎶 😃.

Back