Any PC Gamers?? Anyone here use discord??

Grampz

I am a PC enthusiast as well so by proxy I love PC gaming and building PCs.
When gaming I use Discord to hang out and talk with friends.
If anyone uses Discord as well here is a link to mine.
Old Gamers Republic
or my Discord ID is Grampz#9996 if you would rather just send me a friend invite
My Steam Friend Code 69132338
or my Steam ID 76561198029398066
Here's a list of some of the games I play, by date last played.
1611263876729.png

Reactions: iCe
Greetings fellow nerd! I joined the Master PC Race about 2 years ago when I built my first PC. Ryzen baby!

I just sent you a friend invite on Steam and Discord. My Friend Code is 31813038 in case it didn't go through. I haven't been playing many of the games you have on the list, but hey, we drummers should stick together.

@Grampz

New to gaming a year ago at 58 years old. Horizon Zero Dawn, Borderlands 3, Anthem, Godfall, and Guild Wars 2 are the list as of now.

I do have Steam and Discord....BUT have only a few (3) very close friends that I play with, as I have reached the "hate people" and "get off my lawn" paradigm after 30+ years of a customer service career.

Attachments

• 124952896_3304302706364104_5472988217511802462_n.jpg
    124952896_3304302706364104_5472988217511802462_n.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 10
New to gaming a year ago at 58 years old. Horizon Zero Dawn, Borderlands 3, Anthem, Godfall, and Guild Wars 2 are the list as of now.

I do have Steam and Discord....BUT have only a few (3) very close friends that I play with, as I have reached the "hate people" and "get off my lawn" paradigm after 30+ years of a customer service career.
I'm 42 and I've had the "get off my lawn" mentality for over a decade now, haha.

Feel free to add me on Steam if you like. Friend Code is 31813038

I use discord but only for the mobile game, I'm currently playing right now. Discord is really helpful to me since we can do voice chat with my guildmates while doing raids or guild war.

The invite went through @IBitePrettyHard . @Rotarded I am still working through the get off my lawn attitude
a7ccacd640e99cd85edba156f56764ce.jpg

@satisfiedwimp If you decide to get a PC or have any questions the door is open man. The discord is new just yesterday i dumped a bunch of gifs and seems in to get them off my PC LOL.

Of the 18 people in the "Old Gamers Republic" Discord only a few are active it is just me (Grampz) my wife (Gramz) and (Sneeksabout) a retired Airforce Vet/ LEO his Son (Kazuzu) and (islandpaul) my son-in-law who is a LEO who game together. The rest are just family and close friends who periodically join us in random games.

@Rotarded I have been looking at trying Horizon Zero Dawn.

We just started playing Elderscrolls online because we were tired of the bugginess of 7 Days to Die, Conan Exiles and Dark and Light and just plain ole tired of some of the older games like Empyrion Ark and atlas.

Open invite to anyone Gamers or not.

I will look at this when i get home. Bought a new game PC a few months back and since then playing more and more on that.
Mostly Minecraft and Battlefront 2, but also have a huge Steam library. Who knows there are some games we might play together!
Also bought RDR2 for PC (have it on Xbox One as well) and perhaps the online version of it someday.

just joined your discord group :) i dont do much online co-op playing, i prefer playing solo. currently playing star wars battlefront II as it was free on epic games, also playing stuff like the sid meiers civilization series, galactic empire series, terminator: resistance, cyberpunk 2077, state of decay 1 & 2 and the sims :)

rocking a old-ish gaming laptop (acer predator helios 300, i7 8th gen processor, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card) :)

when you guys join, let me know your names (message me) in discord so I can grant you appropriate permissions and remove you from Window Licker status!

I am a PC enthusiast as well so by proxy I love PC gaming and building PCs.
When gaming I use Discord to hang out and talk with friends.
If anyone uses Discord as well here is a link to mine.
Old Gamers Republic
or my Discord ID is Grampz#9996 if you would rather just send me a friend invite
My Steam Friend Code 69132338
or my Steam ID 76561198029398066
Here's a list of some of the games I play, by date last played.
View attachment 100161

I use discord for stock stuff - I haven't played a game worthy of having an online family / group in a while.

Just don't have the time these days.

I tried getting into pc gaming but just cant do it. I prefer a console and controller.

I actually stream on Twitch, and use Discord quite a lot for in-game chat and social networking. I play Apex, Splitgate, Far Cry, Wreckfest, and a few others regularly. My channel is twitch.tv/itsn0g00d, come drop me a follow if you like!

Last edited:
I was in 80s now PlayStation.

The prices of video cards and processors are simply outrageous for me. I counted the other day how much it would cost me to have a 60 frames per seconds, more then 3000CAD.. I think the screen was not even in the total...

So 3500 let's say.. it's the price of 4 K Constantinople... that will last a life time.. while after 3 years the computer is most likely already obsolete.

Sorry to be such a joy killer, it's because I am too poor to game.

I just read Microsoft bought Discord. Is this a good thing? (my spawn game but I cannot as my addictive/compulsive personality made me spend many nights until dawn playing Metroid Prime on the Cube, and it wasn't a sustainable lifestyle).

oops. My bad. "They're in talks".

news.jpeg

Back