Paiste Colorsound in green again!

I like that color green. Actually, green is one of my favorite colors. I'm not sure I would want green cymbals however. I would happily sport the purple ones.

I like that color green. Actually, green is one of my favorite colors. I'm not sure I would want green cymbals however. I would happily sport the purple ones.
Green Paistes and a terraverdi green Premier... I dunno...

I may have to pick up a set!

View attachment 98232

Literally the only thing I could imagine using those for is mixed with a set of red ones for like a Christmas at Rockefeller video - that's the one time I could handle that color.

Dang...:cool:
I'll say there's definitely some attraction to colored cymbals, but how good do they really sound?
Anyone have a line on this?

Nice.
While they're mic'd (and probably EQ'd), I can still get the gist of their sound. I'll admit I love the look as long as you have a whole set.
The issue I have is when I see these Colorsound sets, all I think is they'll sound like the Pitch Black line.

I can't imagine a whole set like that...:sick:

Nice.
While they're mic'd (and probably EQ'd), I can still get the gist of their sound. I'll admit I love the look as long as you have a whole set.
The issue I have is when I see these Colorsound sets, all I think is they'll sound like the Pitch Black line.

I can't imagine a whole set like that...:sick:

I own two sets of Color Sounds, one all in Black, and one Red. I can tell you they are 1000x better than those Pitch Black's. These sound really great, and I honestly get compliments on them all the time. Perfect for louder playing situations where you need to cut through a loud wall of guitars.

I can tell you they are 1000x better than those Pitch Black's.

Outstanding!
This was my concern about them as people seem to think the black Colorsound's are the Pitch Black's.
Simple research would fix this, but we both know people won't do that. Only a person will.

I've seen some old blue and red ones and they look like s!#t when the paint wears off.
I would think the sound would change as the paint wears off. I mean, it's a coating, it has to have an effect on sound.

Is this some kind of anodization or a colored varnish?

They look very good either Green or Red.
If it is anodized, then that's a powdercoating so it would certainly have an effect on the sound, especially as it wore off. I find myself now wanting to buy a used one to experiment.

Back