Paiste Colorsound in green again!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I like that color green. Actually, green is one of my favorite colors. I'm not sure I would want green cymbals however. I would happily sport the purple ones.

NouveauCliche

I may have to pick up a set!

View attachment 98232
Literally the only thing I could imagine using those for is mixed with a set of red ones for like a Christmas at Rockefeller video - that's the one time I could handle that color.

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
Dang...:cool:
I'll say there's definitely some attraction to colored cymbals, but how good do they really sound?
Anyone have a line on this?

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
Nice.
While they're mic'd (and probably EQ'd), I can still get the gist of their sound. I'll admit I love the look as long as you have a whole set.
The issue I have is when I see these Colorsound sets, all I think is they'll sound like the Pitch Black line.

I can't imagine a whole set like that...:sick:

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
Nice.
While they're mic'd (and probably EQ'd), I can still get the gist of their sound. I'll admit I love the look as long as you have a whole set.
The issue I have is when I see these Colorsound sets, all I think is they'll sound like the Pitch Black line.

I can't imagine a whole set like that...:sick:
I own two sets of Color Sounds, one all in Black, and one Red. I can tell you they are 1000x better than those Pitch Black's. These sound really great, and I honestly get compliments on them all the time. Perfect for louder playing situations where you need to cut through a loud wall of guitars.

someguy01

Is this some kind of anodization or a colored varnish?

They look very good either Green or Red.
If it is anodized, then that's a powdercoating so it would certainly have an effect on the sound, especially as it wore off. I find myself now wanting to buy a used one to experiment.