Greyson Nekrutman

If I could play like that when I was 19, you'd bet your bottom Dollar that I'd be showing it off.

Seriously impressive stuff. I echo the comments about hoping he can tone it down a bit when necessary but not everyone has the musical sensibilities that Tony Williams had when he was also 19. He'll learn that, too. He's already an absolute monster and he's going to have a long and successful career if he looks after himself.

Not that he needs to be compared to anyone he's his own thing and I'm awe struck but when I absorb what I'm listening to I almost get nervous whereas with Buddy nervous is not one of the things I experience. Sometimes I just think relax..dont hit the nitrous button all the time.

Sure, but drum forums often go down the rabbit hole of monster chops, which is a mistake.
There is room for everyone, just as long as everyone realises that playing meaningful drums is more important than playing 'blistering' drums.
Well sure, but it seems to be working for him at this point. He’s a kid…he’ll figure it out.

What I can’t believe is he says that he did not get accepted into any of the music schools he applied to. How can that be?!?

He's good though I haven't liked his rock covers. His timing tends to rush and plays the songs in a way that makes me feel like he's hyper and playing but not listening. But he's young. That maturity will come with time.

Only know him from some jazzy songs Meinl posted a while ago, so when i read that he's with ST now made me blink and check it's not April 1st haha. I only know maybe one or two songs (yup... because of GTA 5 haha) and then Dave Lombardo joined them for a tour, but this is maybe the first time that i see and jazzy drummer play that kind of stuff. And nail it!

Some great playing IMO. And besides ST... i envy all drummers that can play a great jazz groove!

Back