Creative playing and Living space on the cheap

ambientgreg

Anybody got any ideas on finding a place to live where I can also play drums? I mean acoustic drums not electric or stuffed full of damping material. Also I play music for a living so
It needs to be cheap. And if that weren't enough, I do abstract painting so I ideally need to be able to make a big noise AND a big mess! I appreciate your input..

Two words: Country Living!

The further you get from the city, the lower the rents or mortgages get, and the fewer the neighbors. The best cure for noise is distance. As for painting, what more could you ask for than a peaceful country place?

You really don't have to go that far out, my house is in the country, but 5 minutes from town.

Two words: Country Living!

The further you get from the city, the lower the rents or mortgages get, and the fewer the neighbors. The best cure for noise is distance. As for painting, what more could you ask for than a peaceful country place?

You really don't have to go that far out, my house is in the country, but 5 minutes from town.

Excellent idea,sir. Thank you .

Sounds like me 20 years ago. At that time, the ideal solution was to get a room in a large, cheap house with five other mostly-musicians in a lower-rent part of town. There was a music room in the basement and I had my painting studio in the garage. Ask around, check/post an ad on Craigslist, post a flier any place 'housing sought' fliers get posted- around here that tends to be natural foods stores. If you can't find other musicians or artists, hippies are a good option.

Sounds like me 20 years ago. At that time, the ideal solution was to get a room in a large, cheap house with five other mostly-musicians in a lower-rent part of town. There was a music room in the basement and I had my painting studio in the garage. Ask around, check/post an ad on Craigslist, post a flier any place 'housing sought' fliers get posted- around here that tends to be natural foods stores. If you can't find other musicians or artists, hippies are a good option.

I didn't even consider the hippie factor....good thinking!

Back