Get better Andy!

This really hit hard. Andy we love you. I love you. You are one of the most awesome men I ever met. I hope your body stays healthy for at least 40 more years. There are so many things swirling around inside my head now and I don't like it. Really concerned about you my friend.

^ This.

Except I've never met him. But we've had numerous conversations outside of just post posting on the forum over the years.

Prayers sent upstairs. As a survivor of 3 abdominal aorta/iliac aneurysms I can relate. Wishing you the best in your recovery.

Except I've never met him. But we've had numerous conversations outside of just post posting on the forum over the years.

Andy is a multifaceted person. Tough as nails he is. But in a gentlemanly respectful manner. I've seen Andy just be so incredibly generous (giving away beautiful Guru snare drums) to nice everyday drumming people, yet totally blow off star drummers. (Jo Jo, for blowing off Andy and his son in the past) Andy has been really generous with me personally. I really can't overstate that. He is extremely principled. A real gentleman too. Don't cross him and exploit his kind nature though. He's tough as nails. One of the hardest working men I've ever met. I could go on. I do look up to him, he's done so much more with so far less than myself.

(Art this is where you use the enter button. Hit it 3 times. You do that to break up all the words with space. Multiple paragraphs are the goal. One paragraph, bad. Why? It's easier on the eyes to read. Your message is absorbed much more completely :)

Anyway, Andy is at the tippy top of my "most respected" list of people I know personally. There's nothing he could do to ever get off that list. I've said all this before, but it bears repeating now.

Please, for Andy's sake, send him good thoughts, however you do personally that.

Andy is a multifaceted person. Tough as nails he is. But in a gentlemanly respectful manner. I've seen Andy just be so incredibly generous (giving away beautiful Guru snare drums) to nice everyday drumming people, yet totally blow off star drummers. (Jo Jo, for blowing off Andy and his son in the past) Andy has been really generous with me personally. I really can't overstate that. He is extremely principled. A real gentleman too. Don't cross him and exploit his kind nature though. He's tough as nails. One of the hardest working men I've ever met. I could go on. I do look up to him, he's done so much more with so far less than myself.

(Art this is where you use the enter button. Hit it 3 times. You do that to break up all the words with space. Multiple paragraphs are the goal. One paragraph, bad. Why? It's easier on the eyes to read. Your message is absorbed much more completely :)

Anyway, Andy is at the tippy top of my "most respected" list of people I know personally. There's nothing he could do to ever get off that list. I've said all this before, but it bears repeating now.

Please, for Andy's sake, send him good thoughts, however you do personally that.

I used the quote do-thingy just for you Larry. I know you are stressed-me too. I really like your comments-I have never met him in person but I have the same impression as you. He is constantly on the go. Strokes are bad-brain stem really bad cause that's where all your cranial nerves originate (to your face and neck) and all sensory/motor pathways travel through it. So I'm really concerned about Andy he is a special person-a man of many hats- a Renaissance man. Alway a gentleman, he adores his family and friends, humble, integrity, honesty, all the traits you wish were more common. I know all his family and friends in the vicinity are there for him-we all love him. My thought are with him, his family, his physicians and caregivers. And you too Larry I know you are worried and more so cause you are so far away and can't drop by to see him.

Andy is my favorite forum member, generous with his knowledge and time...and really full of drum knowledge.

But this is how it goes. You get old enough to really be knowledgeable and develop some real character and wisdom and create some real value in the world ...and then the dangerous health issues start cropping up.

I’d really like to take this moment to thank you, Andy. I’ve never met you, but you are pretty great, and I like you a lot. Thanks so much for helping me grow in drum knowledge.

Get better soon, brother.

This is indeed sad news. One of the key forum members, both as a performer and a builder, and a knowledgeable and articulate source of information.

Andy, I wish you a smooth and full recovery.

This is sad news, but I hope that Andy has a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with all those that really know and love him. I respect him as a fellow drummer, musician, and person. I have learned a lot from his posts on this forum, and he's someone I'd like to met someday.

Wishing you the best, Andy!!

I used the quote do-thingy just for you Larry. I know you are stressed-me too. I really like your comments-I have never met him in person but I have the same impression as you. He is constantly on the go. Strokes are bad-brain stem really bad cause that's where all your cranial nerves originate (to your face and neck) and all sensory/motor pathways travel through it. So I'm really concerned about Andy he is a special person-a man of many hats- a Renaissance man. Alway a gentleman, he adores his family and friends, humble, integrity, honesty, all the traits you wish were more common. I know all his family and friends in the vicinity are there for him-we all love him. My thought are with him, his family, his physicians and caregivers. And you too Larry I know you are worried and more so cause you are so far away and can't drop by to see him.

Art...I am just so damn proud of this. You did this for Andy not me.

Back