It's official! I'm a Metal Head!

..Maiden and Priest are metal in any language..

Those were my elementary school/early highschool years and trust me, no one ever considered me being a Metal Head there..lol..

..Sabbath helped invent the genre..

In that case, then lets also not forget about these Metal guys, with a capital M i guess..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTTsY-oz6Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOGMRnKl5co

One of the best bands ever in my opinion btw..

I think you're going to need a new kit for this gig, Bo. Natural maple finish doesn't quite fit this genre.

Maybe food for thought for further down the line.

So, Ive done some homework and have prepared that opening fill to Ozzy’s “Over the Mountain”.

You don’t need a double pedal ;)

Awesome job! A bit of drummerly advice about metal, metalheads do listen to the drums. Big fills are just as important to the non musician metalhead. They will notice if a giant fill is wrong or missing. Drums have an overall more importance in metal. Basically don't skimp on the big stuff. Your observational microscopes have changed. Dancing probably isn't on the menu.

That being said, you will do just fine. You nailed the Ozzy intro. That's such a fun song.

I think you're going to need a new kit for this gig, Bo. Natural maple finish doesn't quite fit this genre.

Maybe food for thought for further down the line.

I like my maple Reference;). Oh well, maybe I’ll get another Reference in a more “metal” finish.

I do have some solid white Exports though. I’m sure that’ll shame the drummers in the audience even more ;)

Careful, this may be addictive. I’m thinking your gonna have a great time. Fun stuff to play!

Careful, this may be addictive. I’m thinking your gonna have a great time. Fun stuff to play!

I’m looking forward to it. The guys were very nice and our initial meet was so much fun. Their families are very cool too. That goes a long way for me. It reminds me of my first punk band when I was 14! Just thrashing about and having fun. Definitely not like what I do when I sub for Bermuda’s cover band.

I’m gonna have to find some camouflage pants!

I’m looking forward to it. The guys were very nice and our initial meet was so much fun. Their families are very cool too. That goes a long way for me. It reminds me of my first punk band when I was 14! Just thrashing about and having fun. Definitely not like what I do when I sub for Bermuda’s cover band.

I’m gonna have to find some camouflage pants!

Gelling with the other band members is half the battle. Sounds like you’re going to have a great time!

I started life as a metal head. It's a fun genre to play. Now you just have to give yourself a metal name like Bo Black or Bo the Dominator. Practice your stick tricks, blow flames out of your mouth, and then spontaneously combust.
NeatDarkBeaver-size_restricted.gif

I started life as a metal head. It's a fun genre to play. Now you just have to give yourself a metal name like Bo Black or Bo the Dominator. Practice your stick tricks, blow flames out of your mouth, and then spontaneously combust.
NeatDarkBeaver-size_restricted.gif

That's right! I can do all those Spinal Tap lines now! Sometimes I wish I could spontaneously combust - that would be the ultimate metal thing to do ;)

But I guess I can at least bring my own smoke machine ;)

Back