ZIldjian Marching Cymbal as a ride???

I did'nt get it....yet . I found one and might have to snatch that bad boy up. So Have you used one?

I think field cymbals belong on the field. Some of the newer ones (non-orchestral) are just too heavy and 'plate-like' to sound musical with anything other than a 3S stick, or smashing into itself as a pair. Of course, when you look at the highly expressive crash cymbals used in orchestras, those are a completely different animal. But field cymbals, I would say no.

But then again, you have to get it and try it, everybody's mileage will vary.

I think field cymbals belong on the field. Some of the newer ones (non-orchestral) are just too heavy and 'plate-like' to sound musical with anything other than a 3S stick, or smashing into itself as a pair. Of course, when you look at the highly expressive crash cymbals used in orchestras, those are a completely different animal. But field cymbals, I would say no.

But then again, you have to get it and try it, everybody's mileage will vary.

right....thanks,sir. I appreciate your input and time.

Yes, actually. We had a pair of them at the store and we threw them on eBay, and after they didn't sell a few weeks in a row, someone messaged us asking to throw it on a kit and play it like a ride cymbal and record it. So I did, sent him the sound file, and he bought one of them.

It was a pretty decent ride. Nice pronounced bell, and it cuts, and you can still crash it.

Not a bad investment..

Back