Zildjian K Heavy Ride.

TheJarvis

I have had this ride for about 20 years and it's one of those unicorns of being a crashable heavy ride, the bell itself is beastly.

Trying to get my hands on a 21" organic ride, anyone have some experiences with them?

I have had this ride for about 20 years and it's one of those unicorns of being a crashable heavy ride, the bell itself is beastly.

Trying to get my hands on a 21" organic ride, anyone have some experiences with them?

That's a keeper, indeed. Have you ever experienced the A. Rock 21 rides? They sound similar to this K but with extra wash if / when needed.

That bell is absolutely celestial.
It cuts like a hot knife through butter but in a really nice way.
I posted about one I had a few years ago - gone now.
I really liked the clean tone, but it had a 'ringing' to it instead of a wash, that started irritating me after a while.
Once heard, I couldn't unhear it, sold I sold it.
I've had cymbals like that and just moved them on, 18'K Dark Crash brilliant was thick and heavy and just didn't work.

Have you ever experienced the A. Rock 21 rides? They sound similar to this K but with extra wash if / when needed.
I had an A rock ride for a short time. Mainly because it was just over the top washy & for my rockabilly scene, it was just too much.

That being said...

Personally, if you have the budget, having a few rides to choose from is always a good thing. Dry for certain needs, rock for volume and a "does it all" type for just general gigs.

I had an A rock ride for a short time. Mainly because it was just over the top washy & for my rockabilly scene, it was just too much.

That being said...

Personally, if you have the budget, having a few rides to choose from is always a good thing. Dry for certain needs, rock for volume and a "does it all" type for just general gigs.
Once you have a couple of rides getting more becomes a sickness. :)

I have that identical ride! A 20" K Heavy. I really like the dryness, it's still composed enough to use for jazz, which is odd for a heavy ride.

A crashable heavy ride?! What is this sorcery? You truly have a unicorn on your hands!

Mine is definitely not crashable. Although I am now curious...maybe it is but I didn't realize it? Hmm.

They're very similar to the original K Custom line, fairly dry, dark and complex with a beast of a bell but not heavy at all.

Back