Which Manufacturer Has The Worst Marketing?

Decent enough playing, decent enough sound but we all know that's not what drums actually sound like unless they've been processed! I never said 'terrible' sound quality though, just unrealistic.

On this subject, I would say that actually I want to hear what drums sound like when they've been made to sound as good as they can. Every recording method and device adds or takes away some part of the sound, the only thing that can accurately reflect what a drum sounds like is the human ear. Without something else to refer to, it's all fairly meaningless. But, I know from my own experience that bad-sounding drums won't sound good with all the EQ and compression in the world. Provided it's the actual drums that you hear, it's vital (for me) to be able to hear them as they would sound on a recording, or indeed through a PA, as that's what I use drums for.

The worst one I ever saw was from Paiste. Tommy Lee sitting with these fine crafted Swiss cymbals in a pig pen covered in poop.

I totally agree: I really hate that add. I moved from Paiste to Sabian about a year after that, although that add had nothing to do with it. Peace and goodwill.

Back