Which Finish?

piperdoog

Silver Member
Hey gang vintage Ludwig finish off if you will....
The Black Panther black finish or Blue Glitter finish....
I'm down to 2 finishes......
Can't decide....
Love them both..
If you had the choice?

piperdoog -

I ordered a new DW kit last year in Blue Glass Finish Ply. I think it's my midlife crisis taking me back to the first Ludwig kit I played. That kit was "Sparkling Blue Pearl", as Ludwig called it. I pulled my hair out for a long time as to what finish I would buy. The blue won !!

Oh wait, did I mention that I like red, green, silver, gold, white marine pearl................

piperdoog -

I ordered a new DW kit last year in Blue Glass Finish Ply. I think it's my midlife crisis taking me back to the first Ludwig kit I played. That kit was "Sparkling Blue Pearl", as Ludwig called it. I pulled my hair out for a long time as to what finish I would buy. The blue won !!

Oh wait, did I mention that I like red, green, silver, gold, white marine pearl................

I hear ya man.....
Can't go wrong with a sparkle, Just these Black Panthers sort of stumbled onto me and there is something about the mojo they posses!!!

I would go with the blue, but if you go black at least you have classy looking drums that will look good for any style.

Gotta vote for the blue... Classy, clean finish but it still really pops!

Yeah thanks lads I kind of agree. I'll get pics after I try them both out..
I'd pull the trigger on the blue the only thing that bugs me is I like virgin drums the black panther is, and the 60's blue one the guy put a 70's tom mount into it.. AHHHH brutal, why would you do such a thing. So it has extra holes etc.. but in good condition...
We shall see

First,make sure you deduct some cash for the altered drum.If it's not all original,it's just a players kit ,and collectable value goes right out the door.There is no such thing as "upgrading " vintage drums.

Secondly,I too love the black panther finish,but it;s not all that durable.So if you're going to gig the kit,go with the blue sparkle.

Steve B

This "blue glass" finish is eye popping under the lights.

DSC_0426-3.jpg

Dennis

You need two kits. One in some kind of vintage color (like this blue sparkle you're eyeing), and the other in the black. Then you'll have two kits that look good in any situation. The vintage for most classic rock things, and the solid black for your more fusion-y music when you wanna be Steve Gadd or Dave Weckl. Spend more money ;)

oooooohhhhhhhh Sparkles! Yes, yes go with the shiny, sparkly one every time :) Or maybe that's just what I do..lol.

Seriously...love the blue sparkle.

Back