What's your latest purchase?

got myself another super kick 2 to pair with my other one in storage. i currently have superkick 1s on my double bass kit. but i got two of these in case i want a bit more punch and durability over the single plys :)

View attachment 103018
Let me know what you think going from super kick ones to super kick 2. I've always used the super kick 1 until lately now I've got an Evans emad one on my Kik. But I've always been interested in what a super kick 2 sounds like compared to a super kick 1.

Let me know what you think going from super kick ones to super kick 2. I've always used the super kick 1 until lately now I've got an Evans emad one on my Kik. But I've always been interested in what a super kick 2 sounds like compared to a super kick 1.
oh ive used them before, this was just so i have amatching pair :)

the SK2 is more punchy IMO with good control of overtones, and with it being twin ply its got more of a thicker sound and a fullness the sk1 sometimes doesnt have. theyre not as clicky as EMADS, but also they only have the felt ring adhered and isnt removeable/changeable like the EMAD system. :)

how do you like them, are they only for Jazz as they are in 15"? Or very versatile too? For Funk for example? Better a 13", right?
I‘ve played them yesterday with the whole set and they are absolute fantastic! Very versatile I‘d say, Funk! Soul, Rock, Blues. I‘d not take them for real heavy stuff though. This is my 2nd 15“ Hihat and I‘m beginning to dielike high pitched 14“ and smaller. My 2002 Sound Edge is on the boarder, the 14“ K Custom dark is ok.

Humes & Berg drum seeker bags. 12 14 & 20
I ordered some Protection Racket bags quite a while ago. I stopped in to check on them and the 8x12 was back ordered. So I noticed they had more bags in stock than they did when I ordered the P. R.s and they had the sizes I wanted so I went ahead and bought them.

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 11
  • _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 11
[. theyre not as clicky as EMADS, but also they only have the felt ring adhered and isnt removeable/changeable like the EMAD system. :)
[/QUOTE]
It's funny that you would mention click cuz that's exactly what I don't like about certain bass drum heads. There's not much click in the emad one or the super kick 1. One of these days I'm going to have a go at a super kick 2 right now I know that I really like the emad one and the super kick 1. Thanks for your reply

Latest purchase for me is this 6.5x14 DW Crav circa March, 1998. Not many drums blow my hair back at this point in the game. This one did, and my buddy was looking to sell. The outcome was inevitable.

True Hoops and mini-Mag throw were on the drum when he bought it. Not original but no extra holes or funny business. This is my first time using the mini-Mag... I dig it.

4554E0DC-7FA6-4EE7-910E-A63665DB8494.jpegA9B2008A-C1A9-4EF5-B66B-1A2BE5DA495B.jpeg

Well my Tama Silverstar Mirage Acrylic snare showed up... With a crack. Anyone know if this can be repaired so as to prevent it from spreading? The ONE thing I buy lol.

Attachments

• IMAG0878~2.jpg
    IMAG0878~2.jpg
    940.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0877~4.jpg
    IMAG0877~4.jpg
    891.8 KB · Views: 12
I got a Vater bomber beater. Then I tightened my 20" bass drum up to Motown range.

Different tones from the same drum...rocks.

I get stuck playing the strict and tightly managed tones that I like and worked so hard for, for so long, that eventually something snaps and I need a 180 degree change. Remo heads, tighter bass drum tuning, 5 toms! Not to mention first time ever for me double bass drum on one of my kits...

My kit is slowly morphing to jazz tones. I don't know where it's coming from, I was neither raised with it or had any real concept of what jazz meant, as a drummer.

So yea, Vater bomber beater. Is the bomber title like a reference to the fleece on a bomber jacket? I'm not getting the reference

Last edited:
Well my Tama Silverstar Mirage Acrylic snare showed up... With a crack. Anyone know if this can be repaired so as to prevent it from spreading? The ONE thing I buy lol.
Aw man! I feels your pain.

If it's new, you have to send it back. Don't play it.

Probably too late for that.

Do those white thingys come as part of the head?
Yeah, I thought I’d give em a try as an experiment on my brass drums...the head is very responsive whilst being “puncture proof”! (y) :)

From the Aquarian website:

“The Hi-Performance Snare Head is an ultra-responsive (3mil)single-ply snare-side drumhead with a twist: the HPSN has reinforced strips of a proprietary power-weave material where the snare wire ends rest on the head.”

Yeah, I thought I’d give em a try as an experiment on my brass drums...the head is very responsive whilst being “puncture proof”! (y) :)

From the Aquarian website:

“The Hi-Performance Snare Head is an ultra-responsive (3mil)single-ply snare-side drumhead with a twist: the HPSN has reinforced strips of a proprietary power-weave material where the snare wire ends rest on the head.”
I Love Aquarian soo much :)

Yesterday i bought...
1 pair of Lewitt 040 match overheads
SM57
52A
Focusrite 18i20
other things i don't recall..

Back