What's your latest purchase?

Some new heads to try. So far, batter wise I’ve run coated amb, coated g1, silver dot, vintage emperor clear, clear amb

Next up, pinstripes.

53548810136_9627357dec_k.jpg

that is the trustworthy standard for me with the metalz and punkz sometimes...especially back in the 90's...you know exactly what you re gonna get with those, and they can last forever

that is the trustworthy standard for me with the metalz and punkz sometimes...especially back in the 90's...you know exactly what you re gonna get with those, and they can last forever

I am liking them so far. They also fit really well on these undersized shells and tuned up very even rod to rod. I believe Frank Godiva said they were factory issue for the deeper phonic plus shells

I am liking them so far. They also fit really well on these undersized shells and tuned up very even rod to rod. I believe Frank Godiva said they were factory issue for the deeper phonic plus shells

yeah...I have 3 drumsets at school that were trash picked that I refurbished to use as loaners. They were not good kits to begin with, and no matter what condition they are in, Pinstripes make them sound great. And withstand the beating that new drummers can sometimes give them

BA68258E-7450-4BC3-9DE9-B11674324AD6.jpeg

This was a fun one: it's the auxiliary side only of a 5000 Turbo lefty double pedal, which was orderable as part number DWCP5010TDL. It did not come with the spring, but I was able to raid the boneyard at 2112 and set it up with the right parts.

This will be my new upgraded left-foot clave pedal, replacing a standard 3000. Since I put the clave pedal on the left of my hihat stand, this will no longer encumber my foot with a post between the two boards. It just gets everything out of the way!

F3CA041C-0E2A-4583-959F-C7F29C2DBAFB.jpeg25915CA0-489A-4924-A92C-C3E98F94D106.jpegD0192DA9-20B2-482B-BADE-B8D10E7C9F1A.jpeg

Last edited:
A full set of Pinstripes for my Tama Starclassic Performer kit that hopefully arrives next month. 10-12-13-16. As well as Ambassador reso heads, two Meinl Drumming Gloves and some Vic Firth X5A sticks. Probably going to try out the heads that comes with the kit first (G1 coated) but from some clips I've seen the kit sounds really puncy and deep with the Pinstripes...

A 1971 Ludwig Standard aluminum snare with side offset snare stand, Peavey drum pedal & hihat stand with Paiste 802 cymbals.

Also, a Donner Uke bass acoustic/ electric.
Lay away'd a set of 14" Zildjian New Beats. errrk, no, they're 13".

Last edited:
View attachment 143836My newest purchase is this Paiste Masters Dark Crisp 22" ride. Beautiful sounding cymbal. Nice stick definition, a slight wash underneath and I'm really loving the bell sound!
This was my second Paiste after the Dark energy crash 16" and I love it, the lowest pitch of all my rides, awesome cymbal, great buy, congrats!!

Last diffuser for the practice place in the basement, special one to put under a guitar on the wall, looks nice. Plus I changed the XVIVE Wireless mic UC3 for Condenser fort the wireless IEM, the system with the microphones was always dropping out, maybe be due to the phantom power but not the IEM. I think I will rent some Sennheiser Wireless Mics for the show on June 16.
IMG_0172.jpegIMG_0173.jpegIMG_0175.jpegIMG_0176.jpeg
IMG_0197.jpegIMG_0198.jpegIMG_0199.jpeg

Back