What's your latest purchase?

Full circle back to the Evans UV2 snare head. I took it off to try some other Evans stuff...

HD Dry
HD
Heavyweight
ST
ST Dry

...and now I'm here again. It's just the right amount of ring and punch for me.
What was your experience with the HD? Got one recently to experiment on my 6.5 Supra.

(I'm coming from a Remo Ambassador Coated. I'd like to give the Aquarian Texture Coated a go too)

What was your experience with the HD?
It was the best of the bunch, actually; sounded pretty similar to the UV2. STs and Heavyweight were too dark, HD Dry too dead.

The durability, though. I swapped heads many times - on, off, on again, off again - and I generally play with a heavy touch. My UV2 looks like new.

• Like!!
Reactions: I-P
DV019_Jpg_Regular_712549_single_head.jpg

They've done excellent things for a set of Oak Customs I use for rock/pop. They nicely roll off some of the bite of the oak but allow the low oak note to sustain nicely. Really great heads.
The EC2s really focused the tone of my birch Silverstar too! Really liking the tones I've been getting.

It was the best of the bunch, actually; sounded pretty similar to the UV2. STs and Heavyweight were too dark, HD Dry too dead.

The durability, though. I swapped heads many times - on, off, on again, off again - and I generally play with a heavy touch. My UV2 looks like new.
Thank you. Just what I was hoping to hear and achieve based on what that drum head is. 👍😁

I

Good to know. I'm likely to fit the toms out next time around with either UV1's or UV 2's.

My latest haul. Don't be jealous, haters! :D
PXL_20240220_233234644.jpg

Found an early 40s WFL Ludwig 15x6.5 NOB snare. $32. Pitted hoops and P-32 throw off.
Then a Roland Octapad Pad 8 for $60.
Then an old CORT neck-thru headless bass with a Steinberger bridge. $143.

Today I bought some drum heads that I did not take pictures of. One is for my newish Mapex Black Panther Venom snare (an Evans HD Dry). The others are for the toms at church. For the 12 inch tom, I bought an Evans G1 Clear for the top and a Gretsch Clear for the reso head. For the 16 floor tom, I bought an Evans G1 Clear for the top and a Remo Ambassador Clear for the reso head. Peace and goodwill.

Oh. I love a good head experimentation. 👍😁

For sure! I think half the fun or more of drumming is trying new setups and tunings haha. I keep a notebook on head combos and tune bot settings because you never know when you might want to revisit a previous setting

Ironically enough, these drums shipped from the factory 40 yrs ago with coated amb over coated amb…which I havent tried…yet lol

Full circle back to the Evans UV2 snare head. I took it off to try some other Evans stuff...

HD Dry
HD
Heavyweight
ST
ST Dry

...and now I'm here again. It's just the right amount of ring and punch for me.
What snare were you experimenting these head with? I was using an HD Dry on my NOBrass Starphonic and just tried an Aquarian HI-Energy and absolutely love it. It's a 10mill 1 ply head, with a power dot in the center. Seems extremely durable and I'm liking the sounds I'm getting more than the Evans so far. Worth a shot!

Back