What's your latest purchase?

Am I just seeing things or is the batter hoop across from the badge pulled down more than at the strainer? I hope for your sake, it's just the camera angle.
Good catch! Some of what you're seeing it may be the angle of the photo, but... yes, the throw off level is slightly higher than the rim. That head is TIGHT! Like Stewart Copeland kind of tight! I have not replaced batter and snare heads - that's this week's job - hope to have it at a gig Friday night.

Oh, you might also notice the internal muffler ("Tone control") appears to have holes reversed for the knob and the mounting bolt. My first clue was the knob rubs up against the rim - which is also fairly low to begin with.... because of the head tightness. 🤦‍♂️

I have not replaced batter and snare heads - that's this week's job
You might want to check the hoops to make sure they are not warped. I just experienced issues with an un-level hoop on an a Bronze rocker -the tip-off was that the hoop was pulled way low on one side just like your Black Galaxy.

Used Ddrum D2 kit, for use as a garage-kept rehearsal/beater. They look brand new but the wrap is already getting "wavy". :D BD pedal and HH stand not pictured.

PXL_20231003_160948143.jpg

Last edited:
I need another Classic Maple snare like I need a root canal (this makes 5...don't judge), but I have a video shoot coming up with my White Stripes tribute, so red it is. Ludwig had it ready in just over a week, thanks to 2112 Percussion.

View attachment 139490
Meet Hansel and Gretel

Attachments

• SonorD5062.jpg
    SonorD5062.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 10
  • SonorD5061.jpg
    SonorD5061.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 10
Just picked these up, 8/10/12/14/16/22 and matching 14 snare
I took the RIMS mount off the 12 inch tom, it just seemed a little obtrusive and I put an Atlas mount on for a little bit cleaner look. the heads are in good condition, no dents and minor wear but I was thinking of getting Remo Colortone heads for more color, maybe green, purple and blue?
I, probably not goinf to use the 8 and 10 very much or the snare but its nice to have choices, these are Special Edition Elements with Cherry/Gum shells. They really sound great.new drums 4.jpg
new drums 2.jpgnew drums.jpgit

My lastest aquisition. Yamaha dtxpress III with upgraded snare and extra cymbal and pad. Pads all work but need to upgrade the module to a more recent one as theres not enough inputs for all the pads.
20231009_180840.jpg

After a job in New Hampshire, I made the trek to DCP. There’s always great gear to stoke my fire:

IMG_0085.jpegIMG_0086.jpeg

Naturally, I “needed” things. ⬇️ These hats have been on my radar for a couple years. And I’m trying out these reso heads. I’ve used uncoated Genera reso heads for about a decade. I tried Reso 7 heads but they removed low-frequency impact too much for me. I’ve no idea what to expect from these heads.

IMG_0099.jpeg
IMG_0100.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to give this Meinl Byzance Equilibrium Ride 22” a try.
IMG_6165.jpeg

Back