What is your unstoppable, unbeatable, go-to piece of equipment?

Bozozoid

Platinum Member
Convince me this isn't a this is a good jazz ride...... or these are great rock hats. This is the thread where come hell or high water it will be hard to convince you that your thoughts on what? is unbeatable. Equipment from A to Z. What gives you tunnel vision. Things can change but right now I've yet to play a pedal that has topped my Tama flexiglide. I hope this goes around the galaxy on YOUR unstoppable..unbeatable go to piece of equiptment. One more thing..all the talk and discussion on earth can't convince me that Sonor phonics are not thee best sounding kits I've ever heard..end of story. What will never change YOUR mind. 😃.

Last edited:
This is the thread where come hell or high water it will be hard to convince Me that it's all in the head. Though admittedly you strike the head to produce the initial sound. I think the 80% number , I've read, is likely just made up.
It's all in the head is all in your head.

That's number one.
Number 2. No one really wants more cowbell-it's a myth.

Number 3: And don't forget no one really likes a tambourine-mainly because people just use them to look busy. But really it's just annoying.

There I said it.
Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. I've got three tambourines (one attaches to hats) and use none of them. I do use cowbell on occasion. But we should ban tambourines because they jingle. Jingle goes with bells and Christmas and that's a religious holiday, and we can't talk about religious relics. No Mr Tambourine man.
"
Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you"
Yeah screw that crap. Someone start jingling that tambourine before my Morning Coffee it's on. Jingle jangle morning you're kidding me.

Last edited:
I've played quite a few Tama pedals but not the Flexi Flier. Camco, Pro twin, IC Jr. Dbl., IC single and S.C Dbl . they're all good to me.

New Beats are the only hi hats any drummer would need for any style playing.

They've done it all with class.
They came a very close second to the 15 K Lights when I last went hi hat shopping about 10 years ago. Hand on heart I've not looked back and what I bought continues to serve me well.

I'm tempted to get a good 60s/70s pair of 14s, the good ones just have that magic about them.

Speaking of tambourines......

There is nothing worse than a drunk woman who grabs your singers tambourine.

As for gear the DW5000 strap drive is the greatest pedal ever made and they don't even make it anymore, and if they did they'd overengineer it!

This is the thread where come hell or high water it will be hard to convince Me that it's all in the head. Though admittedly you strike the head to produce the initial sound. I think the 80% number , I've read, is likely just made up.
It's all in the head is all in your head.

That's number one.
Number 2. No one really wants more cowbell-it's a myth.

Number 3: And don't forget no one really likes a tambourine-mainly because people just use them to look busy. But really it's just annoying.

There I said it.
Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. I've got three tambourines (one attaches to hats) and use none of them. I do use cowbell on occasion. But we should ban tambourines because they jingle. Jingle goes with bells and Christmas and that's a religious holiday, and we can't talk about religious relics. No Mr Tambourine man.
"
I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you"
Yeah screw that crap. Someone start jingling that tambourine before my Morning Coffee it's on. Jingle jangle morning you're kidding me.
The Vikings used to have a 'Berserker' who led the others into battle. They played a tambourine to him until the red mist descended, then pointed him toward the enemy...

Paiste.

Episode 8 Mic Drop GIF by Heels

Back