What are you listening to right now?

Listening to the brush work accompanying the incredible piano playing. Reading along is a good exercise in being handed a chart to play to.

Last edited:
Listening to the brush work accompanying the incredible piano playing. Reading along is a good exercise in being handed a chart to play to.

The piano work on this track reminds me of another song. It came at the end of the Tarkus album....if only I could remember the name of it......;)

Jim Croce's Photographs and Memories is playing on brain radio. The "Greatest Hits" album by the same name is a must have. It's something to pass on to your kids, so they can get a taste of a real songwriter and performer. He's in the same basket as Gordon Lightfoot, James Taylor and Carole King.

Jim Croce's Photographs and Memories is playing on brain radio. The "Greatest Hits" album by the same name is a must have. It's something to pass on to your kids, so they can get a taste of a real songwriter and performer. He's in the same basket as Gordon Lightfoot, James Taylor and Carole King.

Great song and a great album. Another "Desert Island Best of..." album that you don't hear about much is Phoebe Snow's Greatest Hits. Superb album. I need to replace my copy as a cheap CD player gouged a huge gash through the disc and its now unplayable. First day I had it, too. Shame.

Well, brain radio has me totally beat this time. I woke up from a dream and The Singing Nun was belting out Dominique. I'll admit to being 4 years old when it hit the airwaves in 1963 and that Mom had the album - and played it frequently. Mom's been gone 18 years now, and I don't have the album. So, why today?!? 60+ years later?!? I guess my only answer is, "Love you, Mom!"

Well, brain radio has me totally beat this time. I woke up from a dream and The Singing Nun was belting out Dominique. I'll admit to being 4 years old when it hit the airwaves in 1963 and that Mom had the album - and played it frequently. Mom's been gone 18 years now, and I don't have the album. So, why today?!? 60+ years later?!? I guess my only answer is, "Love you, Mom!"

Mum’s are the best at introducing us to a variety of musical styles outside of the box!! :) (y) Here’s one my beautiful late mum used to sing…

❤️

Back