Vic Firth Nova Sticks... Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjczildjian

Tard. You really are living up to your name aren't you. Maybe you need to do a little bit more research before you come on here and start throwing your weight around like you a the Guru of plywood.

Now if we can get back on topic for just a few minutes, take a look at this pair of sticks. I am not going to say they have lasted me years like you claim, but I would estimate they have racked up around 12 or so hours solid, hard hitting drumming.

Attachments

• MyFile 1.jpg
    MyFile 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 443
  • MyFile 2.jpg
    MyFile 2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 402
  • MyFile 3.jpg
    MyFile 3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 578
Not all drumsticks are created equally, regardless of whether they are labeled as Vic Firth, Nova, or anything else. Due to these inequalities, the durability of a stick can be extremely inconsistent. I bought a pair of Vater Power 5A's that broke in a week. Problem? Diagonal grain. Easier to break. I also have a pair of Vater 5B's, and they have lasted me 3 months. I don't think it does any good to try to compare any two sticks' durability because of the very influential factors involved: manufacturing inconsistencies, wood inconsistencies, quality of quality control at any given time, and the characteristics of the actual drumstick and of the drummer's drumming (who is using the stick).
inb4lock

I guess you are right, maybe I should take a picture of my whole stick bag... Im just trying to get a point across to this know it all...

Im just trying to get a point across to this know it all...

I wouldn't.

1. It's pointless. If it couldn't be done with all the info provided in that train wreck....it can't be done.
2. The thread was closed for a reason. Starting it up again for this purpose is a fools errand. ;-)

I don't think he was doing anything too bad. He mixed up a word and its technical definition, then everyone backed him into a corner telling him he was wrong. I'm not saying he wasn't wrong. I just don't have anything to add to that debate, as I know nothing about plywood and whatever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back