Vic Firth Nova Sticks... Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjczildjian

Tard. You really are living up to your name aren't you. Maybe you need to do a little bit more research before you come on here and start throwing your weight around like you a the Guru of plywood.

Now if we can get back on topic for just a few minutes, take a look at this pair of sticks. I am not going to say they have lasted me years like you claim, but I would estimate they have racked up around 12 or so hours solid, hard hitting drumming.

Attachments

Typo

Not all drumsticks are created equally, regardless of whether they are labeled as Vic Firth, Nova, or anything else. Due to these inequalities, the durability of a stick can be extremely inconsistent. I bought a pair of Vater Power 5A's that broke in a week. Problem? Diagonal grain. Easier to break. I also have a pair of Vater 5B's, and they have lasted me 3 months. I don't think it does any good to try to compare any two sticks' durability because of the very influential factors involved: manufacturing inconsistencies, wood inconsistencies, quality of quality control at any given time, and the characteristics of the actual drumstick and of the drummer's drumming (who is using the stick).
inb4lock

sjczildjian

I guess you are right, maybe I should take a picture of my whole stick bag... Im just trying to get a point across to this know it all...

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Im just trying to get a point across to this know it all...
I wouldn't.

1. It's pointless. If it couldn't be done with all the info provided in that train wreck....it can't be done.
2. The thread was closed for a reason. Starting it up again for this purpose is a fools errand. ;-)

Typo

I don't think he was doing anything too bad. He mixed up a word and its technical definition, then everyone backed him into a corner telling him he was wrong. I'm not saying he wasn't wrong. I just don't have anything to add to that debate, as I know nothing about plywood and whatever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.