Upgraded to Remote Cable HiHat

SpazApproved

How many of you enjoy two hi-hats?
I love two hats personally! And I've been rocking the DW C-hat for awhile and finally got myself a DW9000 Remote hihat to swap it out. So now I'll have two fully functional hihats! I just made a quick video of my installing the new hats and then at the end I do some playing!

So if you just want the short playing, skip to the end!
Either way, thanks for watching!!

I ran a C-hat on my right (between and above my 2 floor toms) for about a decade, gigging with a rack. When I got a remote cable hat (Yamaha), I started experimenting with the center hat position. Replaced that, with a DW-9550 universal remote hat (shaft drive). Haven't revisited the left hat/right hat in a while, but I do go back to the center hat from time to time.

I ran a C-hat on my right (between and above my 2 floor toms) for about a decade, gigging with a rack. When I got a remote cable hat (Yamaha), I started experimenting with the center hat position. Replaced that, with a DW-9550 universal remote hat (shaft drive). Haven't revisited the left hat/right hat in a while, but I do go back to the center hat from time to time.
yeah I've seen several with bigger setups run a center hat and no left hat at all. Makes sense so you can get more toms across!

Sounds and looks very fun! I am also curious about what all is in that stacked shell bank behind you, and how can I also get sponsored by Puma :)?

Behind me is my 16pc Yamaha Maple Custom kit. And hahaha I've been trying to get Puma's attention don't worry lol

View attachment 136245
And you still have three other pieces not shown? Holy cow! That’s a set right there! Gotta set that baby up and do a vid sometime.

Remote hats will never be my vibe, but only because I’m not good on big sets. Love what you did with them, though.

And you still have three other pieces not shown? Holy cow! That’s a set right there! Gotta set that baby up and do a vid sometime.

Remote hats will never be my vibe, but only because I’m not good on big sets. Love what you did with them, though.
I have all the snares on my racks..
1688593430525.png

I love so much Hihats that I decided, fi i have more than one, they will be on the set so, main Hat is the Meinl benny grew Sand hats 14", the Sabian Click Hats is on an X-Hat Gibraltar at 2, OClock under the ride and the Meinl Foudry reserve hats were too nice to be unplayed so, I put them on a remote hat, The RH2050 pearl and I don't feel any lag at all. I even play them both with one with the hell and one with the toe and it works well, even with my equine chord syndrome.
So, I understand very well why you like your two hats.

Back