Tripod base for Tama MTH600

bkmaynes

Can anyone tell me if there are tripod bases that will accept the Tama MTH600 double-tom holder that normally mounts on the kick? I would like to use the MTH600 on a separate stand, but the 1" downtube seems incompatible (too wide) with Tama's other stands. At a loss finding anything that will work.

Edit: I'd prefer not to mount the MTH600 to another stand using a clamp as I'll be hanging both a 10 & 12.

Last edited:
I think any stand on the market is gonna have either a cymbal mount or tom mount. I doubt any stand is going to have nothing above its first or second extension. I've never seen that, anyway.

⬇️ This stand has the 1" base tube size, but it already has the tom mounts.

Can anyone tell me if there are tripod bases that will accept the Tama MTH600 double-tom holder that normally mounts on the kick? I would like to use the MTH600 on a separate stand, but the 1" downtube seems incompatible (too wide) with Tama's other stands. At a loss finding anything that will work.

Edit: I'd prefer not to mount the MTH600 to another stand using a clamp as I'll be hanging both a 10 & 12.
Yamaha 700 and 800 series stands' bottom sections have 1" downtubes. I'm using one of my old 700 series tripods any time I want to put rack toms on a stand.
20230604_142550.jpg

you have an 80s Titan stand base lying around? I'd try one of those

I don't. But if anyone wants to unload an old 700/800 series stand or any old lower half that accepts a 1" tube, lemme know! 😉

I don't. But if anyone wants to unload an old 700/800 series stand or any old lower half that accepts a 1" tube, lemme know! 😉
Take a look for used stands on Reverb or anywhere else you buy used gear, might could find a bargain!

Yamaha bottom sections are not 1” They are 7/8”. My Mapex 1” bass drum mount will not fit in my Yamaha 700 bases.
Doug.

I have posted a picture of my Tama 1" tom mount in a Yamaha 700 stand base. It is quite honestly 1" downtube. Nothing was Photoshopped.

Older Yamaha stands are 7/8" (and I have one of those) but 1990s 700 and 800 stands and newer are 1" downtubes.

Doug.

I have posted a picture of my Tama 1" tom mount in a Yamaha 700 stand base. It is quite honestly 1" downtube. Nothing was Photoshopped.

Older Yamaha stands are 7/8" (and I have one of those) but 1990s 700 and 800 stands and newer are 1" downtubes.
My Yamaha 700s are from the early 90s. I wasn’t aware the sizing had changed. As far as the OP’s problem, a used double tom stand might be easier and not much more expensive than trying to find something to cobble together.

Back