"Tranny"...a little jam session.

Hey Zam, I am liking what I am hearing...nice job! The two of you sound really well together and I am loving your work on the kit! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Zam, I am liking what I am hearing...nice job! The two of you sound really well together and I am loving your work on the kit! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man! Yeah, he's a killer guitarist and a great guy - It'll be sad to have him leave, again. I'll slap up a couple of the originals we worked on this week, also.

Thanks man! Yeah, he's a killer guitarist and a great guy - It'll be sad to have him leave, again. I'll slap up a couple of the originals we worked on this week, also.

Yeah, that would be great...I enjoyed what you two did, hell if no one else listens I sure will! BTW, what are you playing on now? Didn't you sell your Unix for another one to come? Have you gotten that yet or are you playing on something else? Thanks again,

JIM

Last edited:
That is really happening, Vin! That was something.. make that more than a 'little jamming' and do a lot more stuff.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!

Jim - That's my Pearl Masters MCX kit w/ my 14x6.5" Black Beauty (tube lugs). The Unix is gone and...well...I'm not tellin' ya what replaced it! :) I kept the Unix snare...and always will. Bubinga is an *excellent* snare wood. It's monstrously loud and fat...it'll be fantastic for loud, live settings.

Abe - We seem to have the great misfortune of too many ideas and too little time to work them into anything. ;) I took some time off this week and we played 5-7 hrs. everyday. There are definitely more originals on the way.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!

Jim - That's my Pearl Masters MCX kit w/ my 14x6.5" Black Beauty (tube lugs). The Unix is gone and...well...I'm not tellin' ya what replaced it! :) I kept the Unix snare...and always will. Bubinga is an *excellent* snare wood. It's monstrously loud and fat...it'll be fantastic for loud, live settings.

Abe - We seem to have the great misfortune of too many ideas and too little time to work them into anything. ;) I took some time off this week and we played 5-7 hrs. everyday. There are definitely more originals on the way.

Vin, you not tellin...WOW I thought you lived to kiss and tell! I knew that you kept the snare, and thought that you were getting another Unix made either way tell me or not your Pearls sound great and eventually we will find out about another kit...after all this is YOU and MORE always follows..>ROFL. Cannot wait to hear more of that playing you two have a good sound together; post more!

Thanks again,
JIM

Would be nice to take it past the jamming stage, once you guys are comfortable and craft out a couple of tunes really seriously. That would be the next step.

Vin, you not tellin...WOW I thought you lived to kiss and tell!

Jim, Vin is more the 'Kiss Goodbye' kinda guy

Would be nice to take it past the jamming stage, once you guys are comfortable and craft out a couple of tunes really seriously. That would be the next step.

Jim, Vin is more the 'Kiss Goodbye' kinda guy

Oh sure, I posted the jams just for kicks. You can hear a couple of the actual songs we put together on the other link I posted as a reply to Jim.

I like to think of myself as a drum connoisseur. It sounds better than "drum whore", which seems to be the nickname that stuck for a while. :)

Oh sure, I posted the jams just for kicks. You can hear a couple of the actual songs we put together on the other link I posted as a reply to Jim.

I like to think of myself as a drum connoisseur. It sounds better than "drum whore", which seems to be the nickname that stuck for a while. :)

Vinny,

and I did appreciate your playing...both of you, but as I said in the post...I know it was never myself who termed you as a drum whore...hell if I could do all the swapping around that you have done I would gladly do it, your drum shop is more like a dream to me...I LOVE IT! And the playing is nice as well.

Thanks,

JIM

That was great, man, I listened to the whole thing, had my foot goin' the whole time.

I'm going to show it to my boys (one drummer and one guitarist) tomorrow. Then tell 'em, "go do like that"!

nice, i like what im hearing, nice groove, cool guitar licks, its awsome to have people to jam with so much fun, and you learn lots. Thanks for sharing and keep rockin'

Thanks guys! That's why I started playing right there...to pack into a sweaty little room with a bunch of other peeps and let fly w/ the music.

Nothing sounds better then some friends jamming! Is that a Pearl kit I'm hearing? Sounds like maple to me. Nice and clean and the drums are Mic-ed nicely as well. I like when you start to drag your fills around 2.27 time frame. Keep the dream alive...

Nothing sounds better then some friends jamming! Is that a Pearl kit I'm hearing? Sounds like maple to me. Nice and clean and the drums are Mic-ed nicely as well. I like when you start to drag your fills around 2.27 time frame. Keep the dream alive...

Yeah that's the Masters MCX kit. They sound great considering the mic setup and room...though still not "crisp" enough as I'd like. This is entirely w/o EQ of any kind...it's all raw input.

Thanks man!

Back