Throne accessory for In Ear Amp / Receiver

Juniper

Gold Member
Saw this earlier on social media and I think it’s actually a little bit brilliant.

New accessory that can be drilled onto your stool base, to slot your IEM receiver / wired Amp onto.

Really handy if you’re like me and you just place yours wherever you can on the floor / on a hardware case…etc if you don’t like the feel of clipping it to your jeans.

Affordable too and looks really neat and tidy. Far better than gaffa taping a pack onto your stool.

IMG_7474.jpegIMG_7473.jpegIMG_7475.jpeg

I agree! A wide range of uses, and so ingeniously simple. What a great idea.

That is a good idea. Peace and goodwill.

Cool. I have that exact device. I just wear it on my waist; but that is a handy idea.

Thought I’d post an update as I received my XL PackMate Pro in recent days after finally getting round to ordering one.

It’s decent, I’ve attached it via the provided Velcro stickers but I think I’ll drill it with the provided screws eventually, to make it a little more secure.

In hindsight I’d have probably ordered the smaller version, due to the high positioning of the clip on my Behringer P1, making it protrude a little above my Rock N Soc

Although, on the other hand it’s easier to quickly adjust my volume on the amp…etc) so swings and roundabouts and no biggie

The quality feels solid enough and it looks / feels like it’s a 3D printed product.

It will scratch over time from attaching your IEM amp clip to it, but that’s to be expected from metal clips and I’m personally not too fussed about that.

Here are some photos

IMG_8524.jpeg

IMG_8521.jpegIMG_8523.jpeg

Last edited:
If it is too high.....add spacers/washers to underside and lengthen screws.....might work to bring it down.
Looks good.

It's neat, I like it..... but what's wrong with clipping it to your belt?
You've paid money and added weight to your schlep to clip your pack two inches lower than it was?? Feels like another one of those solutions looking for a problem that doesn't exist.... :unsure:

As a side note - I used the P1 for years but have recently switched to this:

https://xvive.com/audio/product/u4-in-ear-monitor-wireless-system/

Awesome bit of kit (imo) and the pack is 1/3 the size of the Behringer....rechargeable and wireless - no cables to connect, no batteries to replace.
A little on the expensive side perhaps but I've been impressed with it so far.

It's neat, I like it..... but what's wrong with clipping it to your belt?
You've paid money and added weight to your schlep to clip your pack two inches lower than it was?? Feels like another one of those solutions looking for a problem that doesn't exist.... :unsure:

As a side note - I used the P1 for years but have recently switched to this:

https://xvive.com/audio/product/u4-in-ear-monitor-wireless-system/

Awesome bit of kit (imo) and the pack is 1/3 the size of the Behringer....rechargeable and wireless - no cables to connect, no batteries to replace.
A little on the expensive side perhaps but I've been impressed with it so far.

It’s an easy one for me, I absolutely hate the feel of clipping my amp to my Belt or Jeans. That’s a no go for me as the Behringer P1 is quite bulky.

I don’t want to use a P2 (smaller version) as that’s battery powered only. The P1 is plugged into my power extension.

My amp has always stayed on the floor or resting on top of a case and this product, although not crucial, gives me an extra placement option off the floor and more disconnected from vibrations…etc

My main band everyone uses the Xvives but I want to continue to be wired via XLR’s and plugged into a power supply via my P1, for a number of reasons.

For example, I don’t want to turn up at a gig and realise that I forgot to charge the Xvive!!

Knowing me that’ll eventually happen 😂

Last edited:
It’s an easy one for me, I absolutely hate the feel of clipping my amp to my Belt or Jeans. That’s a no go for me as the Behringer P1 is quite bulky.

I don’t want to use a P2 (smaller version) as that’s battery powered only. The P1 is plugged into my power extension.

My amp has always stayed on the floor or resting on top of a case and this product, although not crucial, gives me an extra placement option off the floor and more disconnected from vibrations…etc

My main band everyone uses the Xvives but I want to continue to be wired via XLR’s and plugged into a power supply via my P1, for a number of reasons.

For example, I don’t want to turn up at a gig and realise that I forgot to charge the Xvive, for example.
Yeah remembering to charge it is crucial..... Interesting how your reasons for keeping the p1 ( xlr's and power leads ) are my reasons for ditching it for the xvive:ROFLMAO:
Whatever works my friend - it's all good(y)

Yeah remembering to charge it is crucial..... Interesting how your reasons for keeping the p1 ( xlr's and power leads ) are my reasons for ditching it for the xvive:ROFLMAO:
Whatever works my friend - it's all good(y)
The way I see it, if I’m micing the whole kit what’s one extra XLR (for a Mono mix) or two (for a Stereo mix) to use the P1.

Like you say whatever works for each of us.

Glad you’re enjoying the switch to an Xvive, my bandmates are happy theirs also. Good product!

Update, the adhesive Velcro solution doesn’t fasten that well.

Mine keeps dropping to the floor when my Behringer P1 is attached due to the weight.

Definitely a drill and screw job if you have a P1.

Cool. These things must be catching on. Drumbuddy has similar products. I have the quick-release version, and the Porter & Davies version of the quick release is on the way.

The bracket screws into the throne (the P&D version lets you use an existing screw - no drilling), and the quick release allows you to detach the "cup" from the bracket. I prefer this design so my throne is easier to transport without something sticking out from it.

Here's a video of it.

DBQR.jpg

Back