Terrestrial radio has lost one of its Sales Dept. legends.

Lee-Bro

Rest easy, Mr. Tarlek. This year's Turkey Drop at the Pinedale Mall will be in your honor.

As a young kid watching this show, I was sure the show was more documentary than fiction. After working in my teens in a building w/ a radio station in it, meeting DJs, station staff, and guest musicians in the elevator, I realized just how accurate that assumption was.

I am so proud that I guessed Herb Tarlek when I saw the subject heading. I loved this show. Les, Andy, Bailey, Venus, Johnny, Art, and Jennifer. "I thought turkeys could fly!" RIP Frank Bonner.

Great show, great actor!! LeeBro, do you mind telling which station and which building you were in?
Back in the late 80s-early 90s - 225 E. 6th St, Cincy - B105 and an oldies station were there (either WGRR or WOFX I believe).

Best episode with Herb was when "Real Families", hosted by Peter Marshall, drops in on the Tarlek family as a prototype reality show. Great Edie McClurg episode of course.

Anyone ever see that? Even as a sixth grader, I knew I was watching something special with that one.

Last edited:
Back