Terrestrial radio has lost one of its Sales Dept. legends.

Lee-Bro

Rest easy, Mr. Tarlek. This year's Turkey Drop at the Pinedale Mall will be in your honor.

As a young kid watching this show, I was sure the show was more documentary than fiction. After working in my teens in a building w/ a radio station in it, meeting DJs, station staff, and guest musicians in the elevator, I realized just how accurate that assumption was.

BGDurham

I am so proud that I guessed Herb Tarlek when I saw the subject heading. I loved this show. Les, Andy, Bailey, Venus, Johnny, Art, and Jennifer. "I thought turkeys could fly!" RIP Frank Bonner.

Lee-Bro

Great show, great actor!! LeeBro, do you mind telling which station and which building you were in?
Back in the late 80s-early 90s - 225 E. 6th St, Cincy - B105 and an oldies station were there (either WGRR or WOFX I believe).

DrummerJustLikeDad

Best episode with Herb was when "Real Families", hosted by Peter Marshall, drops in on the Tarlek family as a prototype reality show. Great Edie McClurg episode of course.

Anyone ever see that? Even as a sixth grader, I knew I was watching something special with that one.

Last edited: