Starclassic or Neusonic?

Will you want to add drums later? Best I can tell that Neusonic is only available in those 3 piece sets with no additional drums in the line.
1613842558099.png

I have a question for those that have stated their origin of manufacture preference: do you apply that to every thing you buy, or does it only matter when it's drums?
Also, those against China manufacturing: do you patently avoid anything from China, or again, is it just drums?
not only drums

Superior American quality is btw e.g. discussed here. The Squeak King Pedal. https://www.drummerworld.com/forums...-what-my-brand-new-speed-king-squeaks.174219/
There are tons of threads like these where American drummakers don't look good at all.

And when comparing the Starclassics to the Neusonics, leaving propaganda aside, it's a no-brainer that the Starclassics are much better quality.
there are also tons of threads that make asian manufactured kits look very bad. countless entry level drums with destroyed bearing edges, no customer service, no company history, cheap metal, list goes on.

leaving “propaganda” aside, it’s not really a no brainer. the ludwigs have very good quality, what’s wrong with it? is it falling to pieces? Die cast hoops don’t automatically make the kit “better quality”, because otherwise we would only see DC kits at the top end.

Re the sound, the Neusonics sound WAY better than they should, being at the bottom (price-wise) of the US-made Ludwig lines. It is common to equate quality and sound with price, but Ludwig has bucked that trend with the Keystones and now the Neusonics. They did the same back in 1968 with the Standard series. I've used Classic Maple and Keystones on tour and in the studio, and look forward to moving 'down' to my Neusonics when the gigs resume and on the next tour.

The entire reason behind the "sounds great in GC" is that the Neusonic is a low mass kit, and will sound better in an acoustic setting than a commodity kit. We're comparing an acoustic instrument to an instrument taylored for amplification. IE: My Yamaha acoustic guitar sounds better than my Les Paul... Until I plug in my Les Paul.... Amplification is the great equalizer.

I prefer low mass kits because they're a heck of a lot easier to record, both in terms of the sound they produce, and the ease with which can self ballance.

The Tama undoubtedly has more durable hardware, and arguably superior fit-n-finish.

The entire reason behind the "sounds great in GC" is that the Neusonic is a low mass kit, and will sound better in an acoustic setting than a commodity kit. We're comparing an acoustic instrument to an instrument taylored for amplification. IE: My Yamaha acoustic guitar sounds better than my Les Paul... Until I plug in my Les Paul.... Amplification is the great equalizer.

The Tama undoubtedly has more durable hardware, and arguably superior fit-n-finish.
has anyone had durability issues with the neusonics?

“If the Starclassics are considered midrange, then the Pearl Masters are what? Entry level drums???

*Facepalm*”

you mean these bad manners?
Since when is asking for an answer and/or valid criticism to your post bad manners? Oh my...

*Double facepalm*

Not that I know of. This is more an attestation of Tama's legendary durability than a suggestion that Ludwig has a shortcoming.
well if nobody has actually reported any durability issues then how do we really know if the starclassic W/B has better durability than the neusonics... there could be predictions sure, and my concern initially was the bass drum legs. but now that ludwig changed them to the CM style legs, i have no concerns about that kit.

Since when is asking for an answer and/or valid criticism to your post bad manners? Oh my...

*Double facepalm*
pretty condescending if you ask me. if i answered to a statement my boss made at work like that i would get called out. but i take that people around you are more tolerant of such behaviour?

Yaddayada. You are not my boss and should stop like a kid when someone strictly disagrees with your opinion, especially if it is obviously flawed.

Yaddayada. You are not my boss and should stop like a kid when someone strictly disagrees with your opinion, especially if it is obviously flawed.
i don’t see why it’s flawed and i don’t see you trying to make your own point. all i see is you being condescending. it doesn’t have to be personal man, people have different opinions. agree to disagree or make your point. you’re not doing any of those things.

After the young man was trying out the neusonic having fun I just sort of meandered about until the drum gang dissipated. I grabbed the 5A and stood behind the set and played just a few single hits on the 12 and 14..just as impressive behind the kit. I've always felt that I had some sort of defect because no matter who the manufacturer was I was ALWAYS attracted to almost budget kits. I had a long conversation with Gene Okamoto from Pearl on this and he said that I was not alone on this..he to appreciated how full less expensive kits sounded warmer and fuller due to a softer wood in construction. I felt better. I wasn't some junkyard dog after all..whew!.

Back