Sold my flat-based stands last night

The 3000 series now has single-braced stuff as well, for much less than the 7000s. I just picked up a couple of 3000 single-braced straight stands.

Thanks, I just checked them out. They look nice, but holy moly they ain't cheap! (I guess nothing is these days).
Well, they're DW after all. Nothing DW sells is inexpensive. But, the quality is there. You gets what you pays for. ;)

I have some 40 year old Pearl single braced / flat cymbal stands that are still solid as a rock. Just not as smooth as my modern hw.. sliding, turning wingnuts etc.
I see you hanging a deep power tom off a cymbal stand.. probably a good idea to go with the more solid stand.
Thats kind of the solution I ended up with hanging toms.
= a straight cymbal arm out of the stand
- a spike-ball tom holder mounted right where the cymbal pipe comes out
only 2 things to adjust! Collapses nice and compact. Less weight.
when I. Bought the kit it had a boom arm cymbal and a ball spike on a clamp. Just about drove me insane.. every gig too many adjustments.. took forever to get it right every time. Now its like 2 seconds!

Last edited:
I have some 40 year old Pearl single braced / flat cymbal stands that are still solid as a rock. Just not as smooth as my modern hw.. sliding, turning wingnuts etc.

If you have a second, try rubbing a little 3-in-1 oil on the tubes that get adjusted and a little bit of white lithium grease on anything threaded. You may be surprised how good everything feels after that!

I haven't had one complaint with my Yamaha Crosstowns, except maybe the lack of a boom. I'm running a 700 series boom arm in the Crosstown base. Still not as stable as it's beastly counterpart, but with the legs positioned properly, there's no issue. Not nearly as cool looking as the flatbase HW though. HH stand is good and solid too. The lack of adjustment has never been an issue, but I may swap this one for a HH stand with a rotaing bass to fit in my double pedal. Gigging doesn't appear to be in my near future, so I suppose the whole weight benefit of the Crosstowns is currently lost to me. Still love the stands nonetheless, even if not used for their intended design.

I haven't been too flighty with my gear the past three years. I think I may have finally settled in with what I have. There's always tomorrow. lol

Back