Sheet music confusion

Eric_H

So I have some sheet music and there is a Dal Segno in my music but there is no command saying D.S al Fine so what do I do without the command.

Play it all the way through to the end from the DS.

But When do I go to the Dal segno
Can you please scan and post the music? You are saying there is a DS with no sign over the bar you’re supposed to go back to the sign earlier in the song?

If there’s not a sign to cue going back to the sign, then unless someone tells you different, it’s usually the bar where the DS is written that you stop and go back. But I would like to see it to confirm for you.

Btw, DS and Dal Segno are the same thing. I’m just not understanding how it is written, so seeing the music will be much easier. Some writers take shortcuts they shouldn’t ;)

Can you please scan and post the music? You are saying there is a DS with no sign over the bar you’re supposed to go back to the sign earlier in the song?

If there’s not a sign to cue going back to the sign, then unless someone tells you different, it’s usually the bar where the DS is written that you stop and go back. But I would like to see it to confirm for you.

Btw, DS and Dal Segno are the same thing. I’m just not understanding how it is written, so seeing the music will be much easier. Some writers take shortcuts they shouldn’t ;)
No there is a sign but no command saying to go back to the sign

20220727_150315.jpg

Ok, where you see the first DS Al coda with no sign, play the bar it’s under then you go to the sign at the verse (sloppy writing but it lines up). And then where you see the coda, you skip down to where you see the next coda and finish it out.

Todd beat me to it ;) but what he said. And the transcriber should have put a sign at the DS. Feel free to write your own as a reminder.

Back