RIP Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister

audioragegarden

Several sources including the Official Motörhead Facebook page are reporting the death of Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister from an aggressive form of cancer.

I consider myself extremely fortunate that I was able to see Motörhead perform in Philadelphia back in September, having done so with the full understanding that this sad day could soon arrive. He did not disappoint in the slightest during Motörhead's performance, but that was just Lemmy being who he was. It is difficult to name a more hard-working and passionate performer in the art of rock and roll than Lemmy. He was truly a one of a kind individual and musician. His legend will live on in the hearts, minds, and ears of fans around the world, louder than everything else. Rest in peace, Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister, 1945-2015

All respect to one of the baddest Mother F"ers that there ever was.

Very sad news. RIP Lemmy

Was never a huge Motorhead fan but his contributions to heavy metal and rock in general are infinite. Truly a sad day.

What a life! I was almost beginning to wonder if he was immortal.......almost.

I still have those first four albums on regular rotation. In fact, was listening to No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith only last week. Lemmy and Philthy gone, only a couple of months apart.

Sad.

Raising a Jack to you man. Thanks for the music Lemmy!!

Well, that sucks. I love that he rocked as long as he possibly could up till the very end of his bad-ass life. That's what I want to do.

To me, he did it exactly right, and right to the very end. What an inspiration.

RIP Lemmy.

Becoming a very sad day for music. Lemmy & Motörhead were such a huge influence on me musically. Just simply one of the best bands ever to exist.
Today has made me cry :(

Rock In Peace ... Lemmy - Phil - Würzel ... Keeping playing Motörhead LOUD in Heaven !!

Motörhead, remember me now Motörhead, alright !!

Attachments

• Motorhead7.jpg
    Motorhead7.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Lemmy-Kilmister.jpg
    Lemmy-Kilmister.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 3,365
Back