recording drumming

SkullDrummer

i have an elesis e kit.
im trying to record my playing for people to inform me of improvements, but how do i do it?
i got one of the usb to mic and audio adapters, but i cannot hear my self playing when im recording?
is there a way? or do i have to hook up speakers and record on my phone?

Most actual recordings with electronic drums are done from module to PC. If you have a computer, download a simple digital audio interface for free like Audacity or Reaper and learn to record into it.

i have an elesis e kit.
im trying to record my playing for people to inform me of improvements, but how do i do it?
i got one of the usb to mic and audio adapters, but i cannot hear my self playing when im recording?
is there a way? or do i have to hook up speakers and record on my phone?
i forgot to mention i dont own a camera, and my phone camera cant connect usb or hear audio.

Most actual recordings with electronic drums are done from module to PC. If you have a computer, download a simple digital audio interface for free like Audacity or Reaper and learn to record into it.
Reaper is not free but Cakewalk is.

i forgot to mention i dont own a camera, and my phone camera cant connect usb or hear audio.
You can get a lot of decent cameras for 50 dollars, yes Asian brands but they will get the. Job done. Or go for the zoom camera that one has a microphone input which you can use to....input audio from your module. If you want to add a song (that you are playing along to), connect your music source to the aux in on the module. Connections go as follows:
1 music source (iPad or music player) to module aux in using a 1/8 tTRS audio cable.
2 1 to 2 headphone splitter connected from your module headphone out.
3. Your headphones connected to one end of the splitter.
4. Another 1/8 TRS audio cable connected from the second output of the splitter and going to the camera mic in.

This allows you to have synchronized audio and video so basically youtube ready.
But......
Your module also has USB... this means you are able to also connect your module to your computer and record it that way.
You can record your module sounds or use a vst . Khrim drums is free also steven slate has a free version. But I will create a Tutorial for those that are new to all that...

But back to recording your module audio...
If you use the connections as mentioned above, you will have the synchronized audio and video, and if you keep your volume levels in check, you will get decent quality, but it stops there, not much you can do with the recorded audio after the fact.
On the other hand if you record the audio in your computer, you can manipulate it a lot more to get even better results.
Then, if you do that, you can use that audio as the one you will save your video with, and delete the audio that the camera recorded because it will be less quality. But you must use that lesser quality audio to synchronize the better quality audio with the video before publishing it. You can use the free DaVinci Resolve to do that.

Tutorial about all this coming soon. Maybe short ones instead to cover one thing only and because of short attention span...

Reaper is not free but Cakewalk is.
Reaper is essentially donationware - it stays fully functional in evaluation mode forever. I've had it for 10+ years.

Reaper is essentially donationware - it stays fully functional in evaluation mode forever. I've had it for 10+ years.
True, but wouldn't you want to help the developers by paying the $60 for them? that gives you a ton of updates. I wouldn't want to pay say $500 or 600 (Logic Pro and similar) or worse a subscription model like Pro Tools. So $60 is a complete bargain.

True, but wouldn't you want to help the developers by paying the $60 for them? that gives you a ton of updates. I wouldn't want to pay say $500 or 600 (Logic Pro and similar) or worse a subscription model like Pro Tools. So $60 is a complete bargain.
Absolutely, and I did - just responding to your response. Anyways.

Back