Question on sampling pads

carl oegema

I’m looking at getting a sampling pad like the Roland spdx but when I looked at the price holy moly
It’s expensive :oops: I know there is the Alesis but is there something out there that’s not complicated and
Not crazy expensive, also i want something that I can upload sounds or songs to play along with, also
Can hook a amp to.
Thanks ?

Get a used Roland spds ( the older model) does almost everything the newer one does.

.... I know there is the Alesis but is there something out there that’s not complicated and
Not crazy expensive,....

Most of the Alesis stuff is not complicated or crazy expensive.

You'd have to determine whether it meets your needs.

" i want something that I can upload sounds or songs to play along with, " MP3 player.

So what do you want to use the pads, for, exactly? The more specific - the better we can advise.

Ok I want something that I can upload music or sounds and assign it to pads to start and stop the music or even loop it.
also like I said before Something that is not overly complicated or expensive.

"Something that is not overly complicated or expensive. "

OK - so, what, empirically is "expensive" ??? (include currency!)
AND - start / stop music - how many pads / tracks at once?

(weird - you said not expensive, then say you have $1000 - I'll assume that's USD)

OK - so that budget SPDsx. Simple. Known entity. Good until all the sockets fail (Google it!)

Or - risk the (as yet unproven, a tad buggy - see the FB groups - https://www.facebook.com/groups/asmsupport/) Alesis Strike MultiPad.

Or - be a bit more clever - and save money - get a Yamaha DTX Multi12 and MIDI a (for example) Roland SP404sx off it. This is the best of all worlds - a full edrum kit with 12 pads and a full sampler.

1000 being expensive and is there just 3 companies making samplers?
I’m asking because I don’t know anything about electronic samplers also
I’m doing research to see what’s out there

OK ..... there are a lot of companies that make samplers, however, when it comes to drum oriented samplers, the choices are really narrowed down.
Playing entire songs is not what samplers are designed for. Roland SPD-S has 380 seconds of play time. If you simply want to record and play back full songs, a cheap (affordable) way to go would be a Digitech Jamman (stereo). You'll have 9 hours of memory, for under $300. If you want a true drummer friendly sampler, the Yamaha DTX is a little cheaper than the Poland SPD-SX, but as KEEF mentioned, the older Roland SPD-X does almost everything for much less (since you're buying used). Under $300. If you shop for both units used, you can probably come in under $500.

Back