Please say a prayer for my stepson

May hope, grace, peace and absolute healing prevail with everyone ...your loved ones, you, your family, the doctors, nurses, all involved, including whomever reads this... Godspeed.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers, Larry.

Please keep us posted if you have the time.

Larry,
My entire family will be praying and rooting for you and yours. It's really rough to go through something like this but it sounds like your stepson is tough and he's young. It's amazing how resilient young folks are. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well. They'll need your strength to get through this. We're all thinking of you We've got our fingers and sticks crossed for you. Take care buddy.

May the percentages keep growing. He has his youth and his strength in his favor so I'm thinking positive. I'm hoping things will be ok eventually. Good karma.

We are all praying for him here Larry. Hope he has a speedy and full recovery

I'm so sorry to hear you and your family are going through this, Larry. I couldn't send any more positive thoughts your way than I am. Wish I could do more.

I'll share one good story to increase your hope. 7 years ago my sister in law was giving birth and had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lungs) right after they pulled the baby out from the C section. She went into a coma. They gave her 3 percent chance to survive.

She's fine today with just minor memory issues. Front page of the Philadelphia paper calling it the Christmas Miracle. Don't give up hope, Larry. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.

You can do this Michael Duncan!

Last edited:
Sure hope to hear from you soon, Larry. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts.

Just checking in to say you've been in my thoughts, Larry. Hang in there.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. It means more than you know. I will be checking in from time to time to update everyone and to make sure you guys don't forget about me, but I can't participate in the threads and talk drums yet, you understand.

Michael is still in a coma hanging on. The prognosis isn't very positive even if he does somehow pull through this, and we may have to make the toughest choice there is at some point. We just don't know yet and more time is needed. Her daughter is recovering and has many months of therapy ahead of her, she is still badly hurt. She also is suffering post trauma amnesia, she doesn't remember certain people. Her mother has only left her side to visit her son, who is in another hospital 30 miles away. So my wife has been living at the hospital since Christmas. She's amazing and completely devastated. So that's all I have for now. If you PM me, please forgive me if I don't answer right away, my life has been set on a different course and I am reprioritizing things.

I wanted to acknowledge everyone's kind thoughts and words. Thank you all for that, you're the best.

Larry

Back