Pinch it...

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Anyone using PINCHCLIPS?

Looks lightweight, easy, fits 6 or 8mm, works on the HH clutch too, 3 for $10 USD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9HLkJzMRqs

If this guy used them on a gig, and put them on wrong like he's doing in this vid (over the sleeve, not the threads) and they held... that's pretty impressive IMO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.37.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.37.56 PM.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 280
I’m old enough to remember clips like this in an automoble application
but wouldn’t spend 10 dollars for 30 cent worth of spring steel. Trying to reinvent the wheel.

Honestly...of all the set up activities a drummer endures, screwing a couple of plastic wingnuts onto my cymbal stands is the least of my worries....

Lol..

I’m old enough to remember clips like this in an automoble application
but wouldn’t spend 10 dollars for 30 cent worth of spring steel. Trying to reinvent the wheel.

New wheel? Im in. Its a money maker guaranteed, good for inventor dude, wish him the best, he prob remembers the auto applications too. A great idea IMO, I ordered some.

The TAMA variant is cool, but size specific and comes off in the bag. Will see how these do in the bag, spring steel is pretty tough. PC's are light weight, minimalistic and easy fo sho.

Honestly...of all the set up activities a drummer endures, screwing a couple of plastic wingnuts onto my cymbal stands is the least of my worries....

Lol..

Its actually the most stressful part of my set up/break down, especially on the stands I use which don't have captive wing nuts.

Of all the set-up, gear strike motions, screwing wing nuts takes the most time, and the most concentration, and if you drop one... it could be 'extra bases' for the stress gremlins.

Yeah, we're talking seconds here, but in the drum gear gig dance, seconds seem like minutes.

I feel a bit dumb.....

Does everyone here use wingnuts on top of their cymbals or something? I had written off wingnuts as something someone does for the first year of drumming, or till they lost them and realized that they didn't need to be replaced.

Looking at the OPs linked vid... He has a felt on top as well. Strange... It's as if he wants to dampen the cymbal and reduce the size of the bell's striking area.

I feel a bit dumb.....

Does everyone here use wingnuts on top of their cymbals or something? I had written off wingnuts as something someone does for the first year of drumming, or till they lost them and realized that they didn't need to be replaced.

Looking at the OPs linked vid... He has a felt on top as well. Strange... It's as if he wants to dampen the cymbal and reduce the size of the bell's striking area.

Don't feel dumb, you may be a little inexperienced tho.

People go thru phases, cymbals flat, cymbals tilted, when you're in a tilted phase you need an arresting type devise on your cymbals, also there may be times in your playing experience when you need to shorten your cymbal(s) voices, wing nut type devises are good for that too.

I feel a bit dumb.....

People lose wing nuts? How does that happen?

I freaking love these things:

- Turns any clutch into a quick release.
- Nice and light but very strong, also.

I seriously balked at spending the money for these, but I’m very glad I did.

Airborne wing nuts suck. I think that's a cool little idea to use it on the hh clutch. I only use wing nuts to keep my bottom felt and sleeve on my stands during transport. It would probably be good to have a few in your sick bag when doing backline shows since you don't know what size the stands are going to be. I keep a few sleeves and 6 and 8mm wing nuts in my bag for that reason. I don't have a use for the product but I can dig it.

People lose wing nuts? How does that happen?

Rite!

I for one will not 'admit' to loosing a wing nut onstage, nope.

On a dark busy stage if I drop a wing nut its considered a $2 donation, I will not be wasting my time searching, digging.

Looks like w/PINCH CLIPS my donation goes up to $3.33, Im OK with it, the weight saved in my stick bag, the ease of use, the possibility someone else will be turned onto the coolness, all worth it IMO.

The small paper clamps also do the job and they're cheap, plus they can hold sheet music and set list notes almost as well as a clipboard.

Interesting idea. I have a pair of CymBolts that do much like these do. For the price, I'll try these just to see what's up.

Back