Opinions on the Mapex Mars Kit

dirtyclinic

I am looking a buying an extra kit to keep at a friends house because we are going to start jamming at his house now and then and I saw this on Facebook Marketplace for what seems like a great deal. Are they pretty entry level? Is this a batter head on the reso side of the bass drum? If I can get it for $200 I was thinking I would get it for sure. He has it listed for $250 and it has some cymbals that I could probably sell for $50.

0clZBHK.jpg

More of a mid-level kit than entry level. Would make a good second kit .... for what your specified needs are.

Those are good mid-level drums that will sound quite good with good heads and tuning. Peace and goodwill.

This is an older version Mapex Mars kit. I have a Mapex Mars kit that I bought new last year. It's amazing! 20/10/12/14. People may say the SoniClear bearing edge is all hype-- I did too-- until I got the kit and and tuned it. Woah-- I'm able to get some super deep tunings on all of the shells. The kit sings for days. Tunes up easier than any kit I've ever owned, including a Gretsch USA Brooklyn kit.

Back