Not a GnR fan, but...

In my home studio I have signed photos of 12 of the drummers that most influenced me......and since that first GnR album was released when I was 12 and was the soundtrack to my formative years and I knew every song by heart on the kit......Adler is among those 12......

Not saying he is a drumming god etc. again the pics were about my formative DNA as a drummer and when it comes to things I play in hard rock situations....there is plenty of Adler in there among others.......

Great video. Is this Steves touring band? That guy sounds much better than Axel IMO.

I was confused at first because I was thinking "damn, Axl got his voice back, that's the best he's sounded in 25 years...." Yeah, nope, not Axl and I would rather listen to this dude........

Not saying he is a drumming god etc. again the pics were about my formative DNA as a drummer and when it comes to things I play in hard rock situations....there is plenty of Adler in there among others.......
I was in high school when that album dropped and every metalhead drummer like me went to learn his parts. Regardless of his issues, he made an indelible mark in the hair metal drumming world.

I was in high school when that album dropped and every metalhead drummer like me went to learn his parts. Regardless of his issues, he made an indelible mark in the hair metal drumming world.

Glad I'm not the only one.

I think it was also interesting at the time of the standard stage set being centered around a double kick setup, here we had a heck of a hard rock/metal album with a single kick just laying down grooves and cymbal hits that fit the songs focused around killer lead guitar playing.

I was 23-24(?) when I first heard Appetite. But the drums had a similar impact even though drums hadn't entered my life at the time. The guitar parts did too since I knew how to play about 5 songs and 8 chords. It was Satriani and Vai for me back then.

Last edited:
Had my Appetite phase in the early 2000s. One of those overplayed to death albums but it's a great rock album.

Just great solid rock drumming. Nice to see him in a band that's better than Guns n Roses. That singers voice is amazing

Steven buys the same shirts as me from Chinese websites on FB Marketplace like Hardaddy and Hoo Shops. He looks and sounds good.

I find it refreshing how relaxed and seemingly happy he is.......just nice relaxed playing and letting the PA do the work.....

Side note.....that's a lot of tape lol

Last edited:
How does Steven get that much crack out of a snare with all that tape on it? I do that and I sound like Al Green’s drummer, even if I do rim shots.

I was confused at first because I was thinking "damn, Axl got his voice back, that's the best he's sounded in 25 years...." Yeah, nope, not Axl and I would rather listen to this dude........
I did a little research. The gents name is Ariel Kamin. An Argentina native that fronted a GnR tribute band. He sounds better than Axl even in Axls prime IMO.

Never was much of a fan of Axl's voice and felt the band could've used a change at the front position from the start. But the voice is now part of the whole deal.

What's with all the tape on the drums? Is he playing Exports?!?!

I wonder if it's old habits? Maybe it was instrumental to the sound back in the day?

That song, I know it was one of their most popular. It took me until lately to enjoy it since a band I'm in does it.

I did a little research. The gents name is Ariel Kamin. An Argentina native that fronted a GnR tribute band. He sounds better than Axl even in Axls prime IMO.

Let's be clear, Axl's voice live pretty much always sucked and only on rare occasions would sound like his recorded parts for more than a song or two. Saw them with Metallica etc. back in the early 90s and he sucked then too......

I'd listen to that Ariel dude sing the whole catalog however.....damn.

Back