Norwegians and Finns Eat Dinner Earlier Than Other Countries in Europe

Probably true, I'm norwegian, I start preparing dinner usually around 4:30 when I got the kids home from the kindergarten so we usually eat around 5. At least when you have small kids I can't understand how its possible to eat dinner very much later... Plus I'm usually the most hungry when I'm done with work at 4. I work 3 minutes from home though, so that's that 😀. Only thing bad about this ordeal is whenever we are invited to a late dinner somewhere else. Then we have to at least eat something around 4, which can easily end up being too much and ruin the late dinner...

Last edited:
Growing up we did breakfast, lunch, and supper. Both parents worked. The only meal we all had together was supper. That was at 6:00 p.m. sharp.

Growing up in Arkansas in the USA, we had supper around 5:00. That’s when the college cafeteria started serving supper. In the south east United States, dinner is the midday meal. Interchangeable with lunch. Breakfast, dinner, supper.
Same in the English midlands if you're working class, but the evening meal is called 'tea'.
As in 'come and get your tea'.
Why? I have no idea!

Why on earth is this in a drumming forum? What does this have to do with drumming or music or anything else for that matter?

If the mods feel justified in deleting my thread about what drummers say vs. what non-drummers hear, then this should absolutely be deleted as well.
Your thread sounds perfectly reasonable and intriguing. You sure it wasn't just moved to a different section of the forum?

My wife was born and raised in West Germany and we've been married for 34 years. We mix US and German cultures in all that we do. For meals, lunch is the big meal of the day. It's almost always hot, delicious and plenty to go around. Dinner is smaller, simpler and normally cold.

The only meal in which we part ways is breakfast. I still like the traditional big American breakfast with bacon, eggs, sausage gravy, hash browns, etc... You know; all that healthy stuff! :)

My wife was born and raised in West Germany and we've been married for 34 years. We mix US and German cultures in all that we do. For meals, lunch is the big meal of the day. It's almost always hot, delicious and plenty to go around. Dinner is smaller, simpler and normally cold.

The only meal in which we part ways is breakfast. I still like the traditional big American breakfast with bacon, eggs, sausage gravy, hash browns, etc... You know; all that healthy stuff! :)
How does that schedule fit with working for a living though?

Reactions: A J
There was always a jar of pickled herring in the fridge when I grew up . My mum was Latvian .

I wonder if NATO will include this in the Finns' field ration box ?

Back