New drum rug option

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Not sure if these have been around, but I was at the Home Depot today and these were advertised as a new offering - which for me make a perfect drum rug!

I originally was using their smaller 3’x4’ version, but now they have these 4’x6’ versions for only $33! So of course I picked one up (it being the last one they had on the shelf).

This is basically an indoor/outdoor mat with tough outdoor-ish carpeting on top and a rubber bottom which it keeps it from sliding around. Not much bigger than my old one but the perfect size for my Zeppelin kit without having to put the carpet down at an angle to allow for the spurs and the hi hat stand. I can just drop this straight where I want it, and front-to-back it’s deep enough to accommodate the bass drum and the hi hat stand. I’m a happy camper.

So if you’re in the market for a solid rug, these are at Home Depot for only $33. (The smaller 3’x4’ ones are still about $24).
D1030973-B374-460A-8EF7-C295CE464A12.jpeg2070A75F-1B8B-4A6F-AC11-5085ECC529E7.jpeg

Thats cheap!!! Im looking at getting a persian style drum rug to add a little color to my setup and they are around 150!

Nice! I have a similar 4x6 rug from Target. I can fit all my gear on it perfectly.

looks like it'll do the job great! :) a lot cheaper than the ahead drum rugs ive been buying!

nowhere in my local area of the UK stocks things like that, at least not in the same size :(

Yeah, been using those things for decades now and for me, at least, they're better than almost anything else on the market.

Be careful if you are putting a rubber-backed rug on luxury vinyl tile. We were told by the installer to avoid using area rugs with a rubber backing because the gassing from the rubber can discolor the tile over time. Coincidentally, I bought a new drum rug on Saturday that had a soft backing. It was more difficult to find and cost more than what I was hoping to spend, but we just had new flooring installed throughout the house, including my drum room, and I want to be sure that it won't discolor over time.

I can see a restaurant , club, museum, bar owner stopping me with a
"hey you're taking my rug" comment

😁 (sorry

that' was a $2 joke!!

Be careful if you are putting a rubber-backed rug on luxury vinyl tile. We were told by the installer to avoid using area rugs with a rubber backing because the gassing from the rubber can discolor the tile over time. Coincidentally, I bought a new drum rug on Saturday that had a soft backing. It was more difficult to find and cost more than what I was hoping to spend, but we just had new flooring installed throughout the house, including my drum room, and I want to be sure that it won't discolor over time.
This rug doesn’t stay in one place that long 😉

Not sure if these have been around, but I was at the Home Depot today and these were advertised as a new offering - which for me make a perfect drum rug!

I originally was using their smaller 3’x4’ version, but now they have these 4’x6’ versions for only $33! So of course I picked one up (it being the last one they had on the shelf).

This is basically an indoor/outdoor mat with tough outdoor-ish carpeting on top and a rubber bottom which it keeps it from sliding around. Not much bigger than my old one but the perfect size for my Zeppelin kit without having to put the carpet down at an angle to allow for the spurs and the hi hat stand. I can just drop this straight where I want it, and front-to-back it’s deep enough to accommodate the bass drum and the hi hat stand. I’m a happy camper.

So if you’re in the market for a solid rug, these are at Home Depot for only $33. (The smaller 3’x4’ ones are still about $24).
View attachment 141032View attachment 141033
Been using those for my drums for years. They're great! I'll never understand why people out there are paying $100+ for a drum rug.

Back