My new Gretsch drums

Current setup
Double base Catalina Ash Cobalt Blue
Catalina birch Tom's 14 and 13 Cobalt Blue
Catalina ash Tom's 10 and 12 natural
Marquee Tom's 8,10,12 Satin Indigo
Catalina ash floor tom 18 Natural
Marquee floor tom 16 Satin Indigo

Got all Remo heads with my Gretsch kits.
Just ordered Evans ec2 frosted heads for everything.
Ton of flexibility with ash,birch,and maple.
Love it.

In other words ... they are starting the build next week 😁

HA ! No doubt. I ordered a 14" Brooklyn FT as add on from Gretsch. You would have thought they were building an aircraft carrier it took so long. Be careful when you take a head off of any new USA kit. The silver sealer fumes will just about knock you out!

HA ! No doubt. I ordered a 14" Brooklyn FT as add on from Gretsch. You would have thought they were building an aircraft carrier it took so long.

Hahaha. That was my reaction as well when I ordered an add-on Renown 16" floor tom the beginning of May. The order says it "should be available to ship after 8/28/19." So about 4 months for a floor tom from Taiwan.

Could all people who aren't 8Mile please stop posting in this thread.

It's very unsettling to see 'New posts!", only to find that there is no Great Arrival Announcement.

I will likewise refrain.

Excuse me I accidentally bumped into this thread. I'm so sorry, please, allow me to buy you a drink for the inconvenience.

Well since we're all here, Lar...don't you have something you want to tell us????

Could we please stop seeing new posts in this thread?

It's very unsettling to see "New posts!", only to find that there is no Great Arrival Announcement.

I will likewise refrain for today.

On June 15th Larry8 wrote:

Just got confirmation from the shop that my drums will be finished 6/27 and should be at the shop a few days later.

So we're expecting your/our drums this coming week, possibly Monday.

On June 15th Larry8 wrote:

Just got confirmation from the shop that my drums will be finished 6/27 and should be at the shop a few days later.

So we're expecting your/our drums this coming week, possibly Monday.

I like that "your/our drums" part. :sneaky:

I like that "your/our drums" part. :sneaky:

I almost left the word "your" out. But...he did pony up the dough.

Does the 14 crew refer in any way to the thing that makes me male?

Well if it does, then...congratulations?? :)

Actually, it's something I got from Neal (evilg99) years back to indicate our preference for 14" deep bass drums.
Yeah, I started that back in 2014 of course....because I was having a cut-down festival that year, I think I did three bass drums from 18" down to 14". Still my preference.

I am finally coming around to the 14" size. It's my favorite depth now too.

Does our new yellow Gretsch bass drum sport a 14" depth?

I have a 22 x 20 DW bass drum, with a burst type finish. It's now pretty much laughable.

I would have to take the middle 6" out and rejoin the remaining 2 pieces, because of the paint job.

I really don't think 20" deep bass drums are going to make a comeback anytime this century.

When they arrive i hope there is Cake.

Larry is having a box opening party, and yes there will be cake.
It will be a yellow cake, obviously.
It's somewhere in Detroit, he won't tell us the exact address...

Back