My cymbal storage

heartbeat

I had been using guitar stands for cymbal storage, but was quickly outgrowing them. So I snagged another Proline snare rack, which is currently on sale, but only installed the bottom 4 padded rungs. (I already have 2 of these racks for my snares and love them.) The 4 rungs keep it plenty sturdy. I may try to insert some dividers of some sort to take some of the weight off certain cymbals (which really isn't too bad), but overall I like how it turned out.

Now I just need to figure out how best to arrange them...by band, size, series, type?? I'm constantly swapping out cymbals for the 3 bands I'm in and for recording. Right now I have Zildjians on the left and Paistes on the right, loosely arranged by band. Just posting in case anyone else wants to take advantage of the sale or try something similar.

CymbalRack_sm.jpg

I count 34 cymbals

Great idea with the snare rack

It's a testament to the sturdiness of that snare rack. Cymbals are heavy.

I just put them in various cymbal bags or cases, and stack them next to a wall.
I used to try that with pedalboards for bass and guitar (same basic premise but with pedals), but it never worked out for me because there would always be one or two pedals I wanted on both of them and I was too cheap to buy duplicates.

I store them on the kit, I own 33 and 32 are on the kit!!!

Now I just need to figure out how best to arrange them...by band, size, series, type??
I'm OCD about this type of organization. Me personally, it would be by size, then type, then alphabetically within that.

With that being said it would go something like this:

Ride, 22, Paiste
Ride, 22, Zildjian
Ride, 20, Sabian
Crash, 18, Meinl
Crash, 18, Paiste
Crash, 18, Sabian
Crash, 16, Sabian
Crash, 16, Zildjian
Hats, 15, Zildjian
Hats, 14, Paiste
Hats, 14, Zildjian

No I dont have that many cymbals, this is just how I would arrange them if I did. If I needed to take it a step farther, it would be alphabetically by series within brands. So A, Dyno Beat, K, New Beat, Platinum, Scimitar, Z for example.

Great idea, wish I thought of that first.

I had been using guitar stands for cymbal storage, but was quickly outgrowing them. So I snagged another Proline snare rack, which is currently on sale, but only installed the bottom 4 padded rungs. (I already have 2 of these racks for my snares and love them.) The 4 rungs keep it plenty sturdy. I may try to insert some dividers of some sort to take some of the weight off certain cymbals (which really isn't too bad), but overall I like how it turned out.

Now I just need to figure out how best to arrange them...by band, size, series, type?? I'm constantly swapping out cymbals for the 3 bands I'm in and for recording. Right now I have Zildjians on the left and Paistes on the right, loosely arranged by band. Just posting in case anyone else wants to take advantage of the sale or try something similar.

View attachment 110709

I am absolutely stealing this idea for school!!! I have sooo many cymbals laying around helter skelter in our drumline closet right now...

will also be doing it at home too, though my cymbals all live between 3 hard-shell cases now, which works...but am definitely doing this at school!!

I'm OCD about this type of organization. Me personally, it would be by size, then type, then alphabetically within that.

With that being said it would go something like this:

Ride, 22, Paiste
Ride, 22, Zildjian
Ride, 20, Sabian
Crash, 18, Meinl
Crash, 18, Paiste
Crash, 18, Sabian
Crash, 16, Sabian
Crash, 16, Zildjian
Hats, 15, Zildjian
Hats, 14, Paiste
Hats, 14, Zildjian

No I dont have that many cymbals, this is just how I would arrange them if I did. If I needed to take it a step farther, it would be alphabetically by series within brands. So A, Dyno Beat, K, New Beat, Platinum, Scimitar, Z for example.

I have them in my cases like this in a way...

case 1 is "Extra Rock Cymbals" and they all start with the heaviest to the lightest

case 2 is "Extra Jazz Cymbals"

case 3 is "Special EFX"

Back